Where's My Brother?!

(Nightmare POV)

"Iғ oɴly I нαd ѕтαyed αwαĸe, тнeɴ I woυldɴ'т вe αloɴe ιɴ тнιѕ нυɢe тαɴĸ вy мyѕelғ..." I said to myself as I stared at my goopy black tentacles that covered my lower body. "I woɴder wнere yoυ αre rιɢнт ɴow dreαм?" I questioned to no one at all before going into the huge cave decoration that was in here with me. Disappearing into the dark cave, the last thing someone would see would be a cyan eye light glancing back one more time before fully disappearing into the darkness.

(An hour later-)

(Nightmare POV)

I was resting in my cave decoration when I heard a beep sound and then a door slide open. Not even bothering to lift my skull, I keep my eye socket closed while listening as footsteps came closer to the tank I am in. "Nightmare? Are you awake?" An unknown voice asked. Not saying anything, I listen as the one talking let's out a sigh before speaking once again. "Listen, I know you must be feeling upset and confused because you don't know what's happened to you and where your brother is but I can assure you everything will be okay." The unknown voice said before continuing on. "So I would really appreciate it if ya answered me y'know? To know your alive and most importantly, sane." The unknown voice said before going silent, waiting for a response.

"I cαɴ αѕѕυre yoυ I αм ѕαɴe." I said while opening my eye socket to stare at the skeleton in front of my tank. "So you say, but are you actually?" The skeleton in front of me asked while staring at my cyan eyelight that was glowing in the dark cave decoration I was in. "...Iғ yoυ нαve coмe нere jυѕт тo αѕĸ мe тнeѕe poιɴтleѕѕ qυeѕтιoɴѕ тнeɴ leαve." I said while closing my eye socket shut once again. "W-wait, I was just kidding! I believe you." The skeleton said with a slight panicked tone in their voice. "wнy αre yoυ нere?" I asked though this time I kept my eye socket closed.

"I was sent here to see if you were awake and to see if you were y'know, sane?" The skeleton in front me said while marking something on the clipboard I noticed they had in their hand. "well αѕ yoυ cαɴ ѕee, I αм ѕαɴe αɴd αwαĸe. ѕo yoυ cαɴ leαve ɴow." I said while feeling the skeleton's emotions. "Er- I mean I would but I can't." The skeleton said with a nervous chuckle. "oн? wнy ɴoт?" I asked while absorbing the skeleton's nervous emotions. "Well uh, they won't let me leave until they finish transferring your brother to another branch." The skeleton said before realizing what they said, quickly shutting their mouth they go silent while nearing the exit as much as they could since they could feel my negative aura increase all the way from the tank.

"Tнey're doιɴɢ wнαт?!" I roared in fury and then before the poor skeleton knew, a huge kraken skeleton came out of the cave decoration and glared down at them with a cyan slit eyelight. "Leт мe oυт!" I demanded, fury evident in my voice. "I'm afraid I can't do that." The skeleton said, legs shaking violently under them. Letting out another roar of anger, I slam my tentacles at the magic proof tank that held me in while also growling in annoyance when the magic collar on my neck let out a warning shock. "Gιve. Me. Bαcĸ. My. Broтнer!" I demanded once again, though if someone listened closely you could hear the desperation in my voice as I demanded to have my brother back.

"I-i can't." The skeleton in front of me quietly said, though I still heard them. Going quiet, I stare down at the skeleton who I noticed had now collapsed under themselves, tears of fear going down their face. Realizing what I was doing to the poor skeleton, I take a few breaths before reminding myself i shouldn't take my anger out on this skeleton, it's not their fault. It was that damn human, James fault.

Fully calming down, my eyelight goes back to normal, no longer slitted like a snake. "I αм... ѕorry ғor ѕcαrιɴɢ yoυ, тнαт wαѕ ɴoт wнαт I ιɴтeɴded." I said while letting out a sigh. "I-it's f-fine." The skeleton said while stuttering, obviously still scared out of their wits from my sudden outburst of anger from a few moments ago. "yoυ мαy ѕαy тнαт ιт'ѕ ғιɴe вυт yoυ oвvιoυѕly αreɴ'т." I said while frowning, knowing I was the cause of the skeleton's current state.

"..." Not saying anything, the skeleton continued to stay in their sitting position on the ground, seemingly gathering their bearings. Seeing that the skeleton needed some alone time, I turned away and back into my cave only to stop for a moment when the skeleton said something from behind me. "S-sci. My name is Sci." The skeleton now called sci said. "Nιɢнтмαre." I said even though I knew the other knew my name already, after all it's bad manners to not introduce yourself.

After I said my name I headed back into my cave, disappearing into the darkness. Once I entered into my cave and was laying down, I started thinking of something. 'i wonder if I can get into my passive form...' I thought before deciding to try later.

Letting out a sigh, though a little quieter, I closed my eye socket shut, dream still lingering in my mind. After all, who knows what they're doing to dream right now! He's probably wondering where he is and where I am! For all I know whoever's with him is probably telling him I'm dead!

While my mind was sinking into my worry's, I was interrupted by a sudden yawn escaping my mouth. 'right, I should probably get some sleep. It'll help clear my mind to figure out a plan on how I can get to dream.' I thought before relaxing and then a few minutes later, I was asleep.
________________________________________

Have a wonderful day and night!

Info:

Nightmare will learn to go in his passive form soon!

You guys might be wondering how nightmare is a huge kraken now. Well the purple substance that got into the tank before was liquid from a pond and that affected nightmare. How? Keep reading below.

(Explanation Time!)

This pond would be holding two special liquids, one purple and one yellow. One held negativity and the other held positivity. (Now you see instead of it being the tree of feelings I changed it into the pond of feelings so it makes more sense.) The pond was found by a research team and the liquid was taken from the pond and to the lab. When they had sucked out all of the liquid from the pond, the research team found a huge clam. Inside the huge clam there was a huge pearl, the pearl held both the guardian of negativity and positivity. Both still in the process of forming their skeleton mer bodies.

The research team found out that the clam had two guardians in the making inside it and immediately brought it back with them to the lab. A month later and both guardians were formed and ready to meet the world! And that's how nightmare and dream came to be. Born in a lab, not knowing much about the outside world and not knowing the duty they carried as guardians, both were oblivious. Well at least one of them was oblivious to their duty- nightmare, he was becoming aware that something was wrong. That they weren't supposed to be here in a lab but somewhere else, doing something important.

Sadly when nightmare finally figured out that he was a guardian and so was dream, he had the hit to the skull which led to him getting into a kinda coma state. He was there but also not there, his soul was slowly weakening, his mind wasn't always there and he knew if he didn't do something quick, something bad would happen. One night, nightmare fell asleep and saw a strange little heart, a soul he realized as he looked closer. He felt an urge, an urge to grab the soul and so grab the soul he did and right when he touched the soul he could feel and see as his own memories transferred over to the soul except something was wrong, for some reason he could feel it, the memories he gave the little soul was locked. He didn't know why but he felt the little soul would figure it out.

Slowly but surely nightmare could feel it, he was fading away but even though he was fading away, a smile stayed plastered on his face. Wishing luck to the little soul who would take over his body and hoping- no knowing that the soul would help keep his brother happy and smiling, making him feel relieved and at ease. And with that, nightmare- the original owner of the body passed away.

Meanwhile the soul who awoke was confused but strangely accepting of the whole thing, like if they didn't mind. After all it's not like they had anywhere or anyone to go back to anyways- plus they didn't mind helping keeping that smile and happiness on dream's face. After all, they now had someone to protect and care about!