talk¹⁰

In the girls' dorm, there's Carlos sitting on the floor, leaning his back on Mal's bed, while Mal is flipping the pages of her mother's spell book.

On the left side, Evie was on the study table, doing her school works, Mei is on her bed writing her potions.

Everything was silent until Jay barged into the room, wearing and flexing his brand new jersey. Carlos whispering in support.

Jay then walks towards Mal's left side of the bed, that's on the rights side of Mei's bed, and hang his right arm on the bed frame and leaning forward. "Did your plans work with jane? Are you going over to see the wand?" He asks.

"Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out?" Mal snaps, qso snapping her head towards Jay. He just raises his hands in defeat before sitting Mei's bed besides her.

"Oh, someone is in a bad mood." Carlos said. Only to get snap by Mal and recieves a little smack on the back of his neck after she said, "my mom is counting on me. I can't let her down."

"We can do this!" Jay suddenly said loudly, making his friends to look at him, he looks at them for a while before continuing his speech, "If we stick together."

"And we won't go back, until we do." Mal stated, looking at her friends seriously. "Because we're rotten..." she stated.

"To the core..." all of them completed, except for Mei who has completely no Idea what they were saying.

"Oh yeah, I found out that fairy Godmother blesses ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go." Evie stated. This made Mal to look at her. "I have nothing to wear, of course." Evie sighs.

Then, a knock was heard from their dorm. Mal gave Evie a look, "what?" Evie asks. Mal closes her book and get up from her bed to get the door. "Hold that thought."

All of their focus went to the door. Once Mal opens up the door, Ben is there, standing infront of Mal. "Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering if you had any questions or anything...That...You needed." He said to Mal, well, more likely to everyone inside the dorm.

"Not that I know of..." Mal looks at her friends, as they give a head shake as a 'no'. So she just gave ben a look, pretty sure he understands.

"Ok, well uh... If you need anything, Just, Uh..." Ben said while walking further away from the door, until Mal calls him out. "Oh, Wait!"

Ben looks at Mal and walks towards her. "Is it true that, we all get to go to your coronation?" Mal asks. As Ben answers. "Yeah, the whole school goes."

"Wow, that is beyond exciting." Mal said in monotone voice but with a smile, and Ben smiles back. "Do you think that it's a possibility that the five of us could stand in the front row next to the firy Godmother, Just so we could-" She made sucking noise. "Soak up all that goodness."

They waited for Ben's agreement. "I wish you could. Up front It's just me, my folks, and my girlfriend." He stated, feeling a little sorry that he can't full fill their request.

"You're girlfriend?" Mal asks as she gave a little nod. "Yeah, I'm sorry." Ben apologised.

Mal thinks for a while, until she got it. She gave ben a smile. "Okay, thanks, bye!" She said in an excitement tone with a smile. Ben was about to suggest something but she closes the door early.

Mal looks at her friends with an evil smile. "I think it's time that benny-boo, got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell." She claps her hands as Carlos grabs the spell book before throwing it to Mal who catches it.

Before she could open her spell book, another knock was heard. They all look around before Mal opens up the door. The girls except Mei, who's busy writing on her book, looks at the guy infront of the door.

"Oh, hey, mal. Can I talk to her for a second?" Ali asks. The other boys look at each other, confused on what the guy's talking about.

Mei's head snaps towards the door after hearing the familiar voice. She rather look surprised and unfased.

Carlos stares at Ali with a little glare, "who are you trying to talk to?" He asks.

"Ali?" Mei calls out. Hearing her, the other boys look at her. "Ali? You know this dude?" Jay asks, with a bit of jealousy on his voice.

She did not get a chance to reply when ali spokes up, "hey, Mei. Can I borrow you for a moment? I would like to have a word with you." He asks with a smile.

Mal and Evie gave Mei a hiden teasing smile, not hiden enough to Carlos and Jay to notice, making the boys to look at each other with a frown.

"Uhm, yeah, of course. I'm done with my stuffs anyways." She simple replied before getting up, Jay just gave her a look when she stood up and walks towards the door.

When she's outside with Ali, Mal slowly closes the door after she gave her a teasing look, making Mei to roll her eyes.

The boys inside the room raises their brows to Evie and Mal when they notice the girls' little squeals after losing the door. Mal and Evie gave each other a smirk before looking back at the boys.

"What the hell just happened? Mei never acts like that when she's with us." Carlos complaint.

"Was that the guy you guys were talking about last day? The prince who you were not sure if he really is a prince?" Jay asks in annoyance.

Evie rolls her eyes crosses her arms, "correction, He IS a prince. And yes, she's like that with him only. But we don't know." She stated with full of confidence.

"Prince? I heard his name was 'ali'? So who are his parents?" Jay asks. Eager to know something about the new guy.

Evie and Mal slyly look at each other before staring at Jay.

•••••

Meanwhile, outside the dorm. Ali and Mei was facing each other. Ali was looking at her with a smile, while she gave him a little tight smile.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" Mei asks, as she puts her hands inside her pockets. Ali felt a little intimidated.

"Uhmm, so, I just heard about the coronation yesterday. And, ben told us to invite a, uhmm..." Ali hesitated for a while and clear his throat.

Mei raises her brows in understanding. "A date?" She asks.

Ali deeply exhales and furiously blinks before speaking up again, obviously nervous to ask the girl. "Uhh, yeah... so that's why I'm here... I- uhh, I would like to ask if you would go...on to the coronation with me... as my... date?" He carefully asks.

He's really hoping she would agree, even atleast as a friendly date. He just wants to have time with her.

The girl looks a bit, surprise... since no one actually invites her into any event, but then she remembers that she always covers her face.

She thought for a while before looking back into him with a smile, "I'll think about it." From that, she opens the door and close it while giving him a teasing smile.

Ali releases a breath after all the breath he refuse to let out due to his nervousness. He clear his throat and fixes his collar before walking away from the dorm.

•••••

Published- 112422