Family Day²⁰

The next day, was family day.

Ben and the other auradon people are outside their palaces and dorms and are in the location where they celebrate the family day.

But the five isle kids are still in their dorms, still, getting ready even though they have no family or parents waiting for them outside.

The girls are done with their looks and outfits. Evie was finishing up her makeup, Mal was done fixing her outfit, and Mei was looking at her reflection in front of a vanity mirror.

Her eyes were puffy and dark from crying silently last night while covering her whole body and face with the blanket.

The dark eyebags were already covered with makeup before her friends could even wake up.

"Guys, I'm done. Are you two?" Evie asks as she finished doing her makeup and starts putting it inside her pouch.

Mal answered. "Yeah, I just finished. Mei?" She asks as she looks at the girl who was staring at nowhere, she went back to her sense when she heard her name.

"Uh, yeah. But, uh, you guys go ahead, I still need to do something." She said as she smiled at Evie and Mal a little, showing it on the mirror's reflection.

Evie and Mal gave each other a look, feeling sad for their other girlfriend. "Ok, If you're done, you can just ask Doug if we're not in the garden," Evie said and Mei nodded before they left.

Mei's smile faded when the door shuts. She stares at her reflection for a while before she grabs the small bag on the side of the vanity.

 She stares at her reflection for a while before she grabs the small bag on the side of the vanity

She opens up the bag and grabs the small bottle of potion with the color purple. She took a breath before drinking it straight.

When she chugged the potion, she waits for a while until the potion took an effect. After a second, She felt her body getting colder and more relaxed.

And then she felt the confidence, and a cold aura spreads all over her body.

Her tired, guilty, and full of sadness eyes, changed into plain and cold ones.

She deeply sighs as she put the bottle of potion inside the bag and she puts the beg under her bed.

She fixes her hair while looking at her reflection, feeling more confident and relaxed this time, before she walks outside the dorm.

•••••

Mei finally found her friends after asking Doug where they are. Evie was carrying dude in her arms, and the boys are feasting on the food behind her.

Mal was nowhere to be found so when Mei looks around, there she saw Mal talking to the king and queen with Ben holding her tight. 'She couldn't even hide the genuine love she felt for him.