midnight snacks¹²

Night occured, the five isle kids are in the kitchen, making the cookie. The girls are standing by the counter, making the batter. While the boys are sitting on the other counter.

"Alright, it says that we still need one tear, and I never cry." Mal stated as she reads the spell book and mix the bowl of cookie dough.

"Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos suggested as he grab one of the onions besides him. But Mal shakes her head, "no, it says that we need one tear of human sadness." Mal explained.

"And this potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly." Mal said while looking back to Evie who nodded.

"A tear's a tear." Jay said, sounding done and tired with everything. But Evie corrected him.

"That's not true, jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes but, and an emotional tears has more protein-based hormonse than a reflex tear." She explains it like she was some sort of a proffessor.

Mal and Mei looks at Evie proudly while Jay looks defeated. "Listen to you." Mal said.

"Seriously, I could only memories that after weeks." Mei said, earning a chuckle from Mal and Evie. Of course that's billshit, Mei is also really smart. The smartest even.

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay defends himself with an akward laugh. Carlos slaps Jay's arm softly, "did not." Carlos said. "Yes, I did." Jay argued.

The door of the kitchen suddenly opens, Lonnie coming in. "There you are, Mal. I was looking for you." She calls out, walking infront of them.

Mal quickly covers the spell book with a cloth before Lonnie could have a chance to see it. "You know, all the girls want you to do their hair." Lonnie said excitedly, pointing her thumb outside.

She notices the cookie dough that Mal was whisking, "midnight snacks, huh? What are you guys making?" She asks while looking down on the doug.

"Nothing special, Just cookies- No!" Mei's words were cut off when Lonnie dips her finger on the doug and taste it. Lonnie looks at her weirdly, "what? I'm not gonna double dip." She said with a smile.

"Fell... anything?" Evie asks with her hand reached out. "Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" Mal asks in worries.

Jay decided to make a move, ok fine, also maybe to make Mei jealous, as he walks forwards, passing by Mei and he leans his arm and looks at Lonnie with a sultry look. "Hey there." He said.

Lonnie looks at him weirdly and a little akward, including Mei who's behind him. 'What the heck is wrong with him this time?' Mei thought.

Lonnie gave him a tight smile before looking back at Mal, "it could use some chips." She suggested before walking towards the fridge.

Jay's small smirks had faded "chips?" Mei slaps Jay on the back of his head. He let out a little 'ouch' before looking at Mei who gave him an eyeroll.

The others let out a relief sigh before Mal continues mixing the doug, "and those are?" Mal asks with a bit a shaky voice.

"Chocolate chips. Just, the most important food group." Lonnie said, holding a small bowl of chocolate chips. She puts the bowl down and grab a handfull.

"Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys like chocolate chips cookies?" Lonnie asks when she noticed the weird look the other kids was giving to the chocolate chips on her hand.

The girls just gave a sad look mix with confuseness. "Like, when you're feeling sad. And they're fresh from the oven with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into persfective and..." Lonnie's smile faded when she notice the looks they were giving.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" Lonnie asks as she stops moving, completely confuse on what's happening.

Mal shakes her head, "It's just differeny where we're from." Mal explained. Well Mei could be the most affected one since she grew up without a mother and father figure.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... even villains love their kids." Her voice faded when she saw the sad looks she was receiving. "Oh... how awful..." A tear falls down from her eye as she grabs mal's hand with both of her hands.

Mal notices the tear from Lonnie's eye so she quickly wipe it with her knuckle then throw it into the bowl of cookie doug. "Yeah, well, big bummer." Mal stated quickly so Lonnie wouldn't question the tear.

"But we have to get these into the oven, so thankyou so much for coming by." Mal pushes Lonnie forward towards the door, not letting her talk. "Really, really have a good night." Mal said. Lonnie has no choice but to say "ok."

"I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal said her goodbyes and wait for Lonnie get out from the kitchen. "Goodnight." Lonnie said once more before leaving the kitchen.

After she left, Mal looks at her friends. "Okay, Boys, cookie sheets. Girls, Oven." Mal stated as they all keep moving. "Yes ma'am." Was said by Evie.

•••••

Published- 112722