Fail¹⁷

Jay's eyes soften when it landed on the girl he loves. Mei didn't know who was the person that went inside since she's so focused on the book on her hand.

When Mei felt the pressence of someone on her left, she looks up. Her brows knotted at the sight of the soft stare from the boy.

"What now?" She asked with a plain voice.

Jay let out a sigh before thinking of what to say, trying to think of something that would not make the girl more upset.

"Can we talk? Like, mature talk?" He asked. Mei thinks for a while before giving him a chance as she gave Evie a look before the girl nodded and left the room.

Mei did not move from the bed as she just stare at boy waiting for him to talk. He sat on the bed where she is sitting.

He stares at her and not say anything, seems like nothing's coming out from his mind. "Your definition of mature talk is taring at me all the time and not say anything?" She sass.

"Ok, I'm sorry, I just got ... out of my mind for a second." He apologized. Mei closes her and puts it on the other side of the bed before sitting up straight and crosses her arms.

She gave Jay a stare that she is raising her eyebrows, telling him to start talking. "First of all, I'm really sorry." He said. Jay saw the look Mei was giving to him, telling him 'and?' Look.

"And... and I know I shouldn't have interupted your conversation with someone who is supposedly my enemy." He could not help but argue back in the end.

Mei gave him another another glare, sharper than what she gave him earlier at the hallway. "And I thought you were here to say sorry." She said coldly.

"I can't help but feel betrial when I found out that you were hanging out with my enemy." He spat back, his voice were getting louder.

Mei look at him in a different stare from what she usualy look. "Why are you so bothered by this? You don't think I noticed the way you flirt with MY supposedly enemy?" She suddenly blurt out from anger.

The way Jay's angry eyes turned into soft ones, made Mei's eyes widen a little, She knew that she fucked up there. "What? What do you mean? I don't flirt with her." He defends.

The girl's mood turned, making her mad a little more. "Oh really? Even when I saw it with my own eyes?"

"Wait, are you jealous?" He suddenly asks, finally fixing the puzzle. Mei look at him with knotted brows, indicating that she's done with everything.

Mei then scoffed, "I should be the one asking that since you interrupted my conversation with Ali." She spat back.

"I... I don't to talk about that-" Mei cuts his word off, "Are you jealous? Be honest with me?" She said in soft voice. She finally realized that she likes him when he asks her if she's jealous.

She mentally said, 'yes' after that and now she's asking him if he is jealous so that she knows if he feels something for her of none.

Mei notices the hesitant from the boy. "I... Don't." He said quietly. His answer made the girl felt sad and dissapointed, but she shrugged it and tries to asks one more time.

"So... You don't mind... If I agree on going on a date with him?" She carefully asked. She knows she should be evil and all, But this time, She's praying that Jay would say no.

But what she wishes the most was completely different. "No, Of course not. I wouldn't care." He said confidently, but deep inside, he's screaming to his self.

"Oh..." Mei silently whisper and looks down on the ground before gathering her full courage, trying not to look weak and sad from his answer.

"Well then, you're forgiven. You can leave now." She coldly said with a cold stare. Before the boy could say anything else, she leans her back on the bed frame.

She covers her body with the blanket and picks up the book once more and pretends to read, completely ignoring Jay.

Jay sighs in defeat as he reaches his hand on the blanket but stops mid way and left the room after taking a glance at her once more.

When Jay closes the door behind him, he flips his hair mentally scolded himself from being an idiot. He knew he fucked up bad this time.

And he would never get to move on from him being an idiot.

•••••

Uploaded- 120422