CHAPTER ONE (DERA'S POV)

He was supposed to be mine forever, we were so in love that I know. We ate together, watched movies together, we practically did everything together. We had our future planned together, which included our wedding, we also spoke about the number of kids we would have. God! he was the man of my dreams. He was everything I needed and would ever want. I loved him with all my heart, soul and body and yeah I still love him. But I guess even when we planned our beautiful lives together, the fates also had their own plans.
Okay, so this is how it all started.....
Well, I'm Chidera but my friends call me Dera, I think with my not so tall height, I can be classified as average. I am light skinned and I have the hourglass kinda body with an oval shaped face, a pointed nose and pouty lips. I know right? I love myself too. I live in Lagos. I am a theatre arts graduate, yeah I am a proud thespian!!! I work at a bar with my best friend Lara. Well we are both thespians, as in children of Thespis (lol). She's a pretty, tall, ebony lady, you should also know that she has this weird love for romance and fairytale endings.
I hate my job and have been trying to get another befitting one but you know this our country now. If you like get all the certificate wey you wan get for this life, if you nor get connection, dem go put you for one side. Ehnhn as I was saying, I hate my job and just resigned, why? Yeah this is exactly what happened.....
I was clearing a table where some of our customers just had a drink when I heard..."Dera!!! Chidera!!! What are you doing there come and serve our customers now!!!" my boss said. On hearing that, I rushed to serve the so called customer, a man to be precise. As I approached the man, he looked at me like I was the prey and he was the predator. Well being the reasonable person that I am, I decided to put that aside.
So Sir, what can I get you? I asked He licked his lips and said, "your number". (ewww that was disgusting). Well, not being in the mood to answer this type of customer, I decided to call on Lara to help me but immediately I turned my back on him, he slapped my butt. What the...? Not thinking twice, I slapped him twice on both cheeks (like who does he think he is? abi he is mad ni?). Well, I guess the slap was really loud as my Oga(Boss) decided to come out to see what made that noise.
"Dera what happened?" What was the noise all about?" she asked me suspiciously.
"Ma this man here..." I said point at the idiot "slapped my ass and I slapped him back".
I was not even done with my explanation when I felt a thunderous slap on my left cheek. Did this woman just slap me because of a man who tried to molest me? What happened to women supporting women? wow I have had enough of her madness, I said to myself. Then, I slapped her back and told her she could go to hell with her bar. That was how I lost my job and my friend also being tired of her wickedness resigned the next day and now we are both jobless hahaha and as for me, I think that's the bravest thing I have ever done.
It's been months since I lost my job and guess what? It's not been easy for us. We searched and searched for jobs, went for so many auditions yet nothing to show for it because we refused to sell our bodies for roles. Like what exactly is wrong with all these men ehn!! Finally after being jobless for long, I came up with an idea which I discussed with Lara. I told her we could open our own eatery no matter how small. It is established already that we both are great cooks and we had saved enough money in our savings. We could start small and by God's grace we would make it big since we are both great cooks.
She loved my idea and accepted it, off course I am a genius!!

I'm so sorry that this chapter is so short but, I truly hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and leave your comments (very important).
Thank you so much!!!