CHAPTER FIVE(DERA'S POV)

After that night we became friends and we started going out more often, the more we spoke, the more I realized how deep I was falling for Michael. No this is not right, this is not supposed to happen. What happened to the great wall of China I had built around my heart? The way he looks at me, the way he acts around me, could it be he feels the same way? God I'm really over thinking this whole stuff I really have to put myself together, I am sure it's nothing, I mean we are working together towards his anniversary so it's just normal for us to get close right? I told myself trying so hard to believe it. I really have to fight whatever this is I am feeling.
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Finally, it's the day of the anniversary, everything was set already. We had prepared different dishes for both Nigerians and non-Nigerians. Lara and I together with our employees worked morning through the night and it was really tiring. I didn't get to see Michael almost through out as we both were busy.
The day was really hectic, once we were done, we had to go home to rest a little and also get ready for the after party which we were invited to. When it was time, we got dressed, we both helped each other dress up, we really looked beautiful in our dresses, while Lara wore a silver dress with a high slit at the front, I wore a short red armless dress with silver stilettos. We really looked good. After we were done, we stepped out and went our way to the venue.
"Dera, I think all eyes are on us especially you" I heard Lara say.
"My dear you're over thinking this" I replied. I decided to look around to see if I knew any familiar face. Looking up, my eyes connected with the most beautiful eyes on earth, Michael was looking straight at me like I was the most beautiful thing on earth.
"Why is he looking at me that way?"I whispered to myself.
"Earth to DERA"!!! I heard Lara say.
"Ehn what did you say?" I asked not even hearing anything she said.
"I said Mr Michael is coming our way, where did your mind stray to sef?" she said.

MICHAEL'S POV
It was the after party and I was with Charles.
"What about Dera, isn't she coming? I thought you invited the La Dera CEOs?" Asked Charles.
Talking about Dera, I really miss her I didn't even get to see her through out yesterday and this morning. I'm really eager to see her at the after party and I hope she makes it.
"Yeah, I did invite her and Lara and I hope they both come".
"Off course you will hope she comes" he said smiling mischievously.
"So tell me bro, have you told her how you feel yet?" He asked wiggling his eye brow.
"What is wrong with you Charles we are just friends okay? and I never told you about having feelings for anyone" I replied being too defensive than I was supposed to be.
"My guy you can continue lying to yourself about something so obvious. Anyways since you're not interested in her, can I come in? You know I also have plans for her, he said".

THANKS FOR READING!!!❤️