CHAPTER FOURTEEN

(DERA'S POV)
It's been  three months since I started dating Michael and to be candid, Michael has been the best boyfriend ever. Today, I went out with  Lara, coming back we were shocked to see a nice package at the front of our door. At first we were skeptical about touching it but then I saw a letter attached to it so I took the letter, tore it open and began to read the content. It read,
"Hey Dera, I know you're still not happy with me and you're avoiding me, please let me make it up to you".
"I want you to put these on and wait for me, it's a date, ok? Yours sincerely, Daniel".
I open the package and I saw a very beautiful dress with a pair of shoes in them.
I definitely don't know how, but all I knew was that I was smiling like a lovesick fool.
Okay fast forward to early this morning, we played ludo and he won, no better still, he cheated, why would he cheat? come on, so I decided not to talk to him throughout today.
So that's how we got here and this is his own way of apologizing and do I like it? Off course I do!!!
"What is in the letter and that bag and why are you smiling like that?" Lara asked me dragging the paper from my hand and reading the content out loud. Then she turns to me smiling mischievously "awwwwn is he not the sweetest? me sef go love oooo" she teased me while wiggling her eyebrow.
"So why don't you get inside let's get you dressed, you should not keep the gentleman waiting you know" she said dragging me inside. It took an hour before we were done and my friend told me to look at the mirror, gosh!! I couldn't recognize me,
who is this girl standing in front of me? I was wearing a blue, pencil gown with a deep cut at the back, it was a little above my knees and I wore a matching pair of silver shoes and a silver necklace and earrings. I was a walking beauty!! As I stood at the mirror gaping at the girl in the mirror, a knock was heard at the door bringing me out of the trance I was in, Lara went to answer the door. Hearing Michael's voice, I became nervous, I heard Lara talking to Michael.
"You're welcome, make yourself comfortable while I go get her for you"she said.
Some minutes later I came out with Lara.
I stepped out with my heart beating against my rib cage. On seeing me, Michael's mouth was hanging agape, I smiled at him feeling a bit shy
"why don't you close your mouth, I am sure you wouldn't like insects entering them" I said.
"That wouldn't be a problem as long as they are from you" he said smiling teasingly at me. Kissing the back of my palm and bowing a little, he said, "my lady you look amazing, do whatever it is you want with me for I am yours" he said in a flirting manner.
Playing along, I said, "you're not looking bad yourself my prince" replying him with the brightest smile I could afford.
"Ok love birds it's time for you to get going, it's already late in the night, and for you mister you know I've been dying to say this, if you dare hurt my friend, you wouldn't even want to know what I will do to you" she tells Michael. "I would never hurt Chidera, not now, not ever, I promise to make her happy" he replied Lara.
"Ok, let's go, bye Lara" I say.
"Bye baby girl, have fun!!" she replied.

THANKS FOR READING!!!!