CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"So how was your visit to Michael's home?" asked Lara.
"It was wonderful, I really had fun and Mrs Donald is an angel. I feel like I have developed a bond with her already".
"Awwwwn isn't that nice?" she asked, "I really can't wait" she added.
"Wait for what?" I asked confused. "Ahnhn, I can't wait to eat party rice and to see your children running around you know?" she said.
"Wait oooo as per my mother or what nah? Biko leave me alone jare" I replied laughing.
"Ehnhn Lara, how's Charles?" I asked her wiggling my eye brows. 
"Charles, which Charles?" she asked acting confused.
"Abeg nor try that one with me jare, you know the Charles I'm talking about. How's he?" I asked teasingly. "Please leave me alone oh I don't have your time" she said laughing and walking away.
Knowing that she was trying to evade my question, I decided to tease her more, after all she did thesame to me. "Lara is that a blush I see on your face? awwwwn my mummy is in love" I said.
"Tah keep quiet who is your mummy?" she asked playfully.
"You nah abi you want to run away from your responsibilities?" I asked and we both laughed.

     DERA'S POV
The bond between Michael and I grew stronger every day. Life was good and I felt a kind of happiness I never knew existed. Michael was my all, I couldn't live a day without him. I became closer to his mum, we went shopping together, cooked together, she really treated me like I was her daughter.
It is my birthday, just like every other day, I spent it at work cooking and supervising.
At 5:00pm Lara told me she needed to go get something at home and till now she isn't back to work. Checking my wristwatch, I saw that it was 8:00pm already so I decided to go home. On getting home and getting out of my car, I walked out but the lights went off, thinking it was an issue from the power supply company, I decided to use the torch-light from my phone, immediately I opened the door, I was met with the greatest surprise of my life. The lights went on and I heard people shout, "SURPRISE!!!" Shocked I looked up to see my friend Lara, Michael, Angel, Charles, and I was even more surprised to see Mrs Donald, she hugged me and wished me a happy birthday. I became so emotional, I thought I was going to have the normal birthday, but I never knew these people where planning a surprise party for me. I was speechless, I never even knew when Lara and Angel dragged me into the party. I immediately went to freshen up so as to join the party, I was overwhelmed. I was ushered onto the podium as the celebrant, I gave my speech and  thanked everyone. It was time for gifts, Lara, Angel, Mrs Donald, Charles and everyone present gave me what they had for me. It got to Michael's turn, he gave a parcel. "What is in it?" I asked smiling.
"Open it" he replied smiling. I did and I was shocked to see what was in it, it was a car key, a frigging car key. I ran outside to see the car and suddenly I was stopped by a loud sound. Then I saw fire works flying in the air they ended up forming 13 letter words...WILL YOU MARRY ME? I was dumbfounded. If I was surprised before, right now I am dumbstruck. I saw Michael and others come out of the house, Michael knelt down and he repeated the words that were already written boldly in the sky. "Chidera Josephine Benard will you do me the honour of making me the happiest man on earth by being my wife?" He asked. He is really proposing, Michael wants me to be his wife!!! I thought to myself
"Yes!!! I will be your wife, I will marry you Michael".
Shouts of congratulations came from everywhere then everyone started shouting "KISS!, KISS!!, KISS!!!"
We kissed and everyone cheered for us. More fireworks where shot, this is the best birthday of my life and that because Michael came into it.
I never knew a love like this could existed, he gave me a sip and I am already intoxicated, I thought I would never love again so I built a very thick wall to guard my heart but Michael gradually found his way into my heart and now those walls are destroyed without me putting up a fight.

THANKS FOR READING!!!