CHAPTER TWENTY

MICHAEL'S POV
I was on my way to the hotel where I would be staying till he end of the conference. I was thinking about my wife, I wasn't happy leaving her sick and alone. I wanted to be with her right now to ensure that she's fine but at least she said she would be visiting the hospital, I trust my mum, Lara and Angel would take very good care of her. I decided to sleep a little due to the stress from the flight, just as I closed my eyes, I saw a car come out from nowhere and hit ours really hard. Our car somersaulted in the air before hitting the ground. I was thrown out of the car by the force, then I saw three men dressed in black come out of the car that hit mine, I saw them shoot everyone in the car and as if they were not done, they set the car on fire, that was the last thing I saw before I blacked out.

DERA'S POV
It was night already, I was having a nice time in my home with my mother-in-law and Lara. I had already told them about my visit to the hospital and the results. They were so happy especially mom, she danced as she shed tears of joy.
So right now, we were in the sitting room discussing and having a really good time together when my phone rang. The caller's I.D was not familiar so I decided to answer.
"Hello" I said.
"Hello, is this Mrs Chidera Donald?" the voice replied.
"Yes I am, what exactly can I do for you"? I asked politely.
"It's about Mr Michael Donald"
That really got my attention. "Okay, I am listening".
"Your husband is dead, I'm really sorry Ma'am" he said.
At that moment, it was like a huge bucket of ice block was poured on me. The world began to turn upside down, this is not true.
"What did you just say"? I asked
"Mr Daniel was involved in an accident and he did not survive it, I am sorry".
At that I screamed, I screamed until I could scream no more. He's not coming back, he'sgone, he'sgone, please tell me am dreaming, please wake me up, pleeeeeaaaassseeee!! I am finished yeeeeee!!!" I screamed, I cried, I cursed, but he would never come back to me, I was buried in broken dreams, I never wanted to live in a world without him, It was just too hard to leave in this world without him, I can't afford to loose this part of me, I didn't even see this coming, I can't survive it. I need him, his unborn child needs him...
"Michael comeback, you said you wouldn't hurt me, please comeback, comeback, comeback please!!!
Hearing the noice, my mother-in-law and Lara ran to see what was wrong with me.
"Ahhhhhh DERA!!! what is it why are you crying and on the floor for that matter and who's back?" asked my mother-in-law worried.
I couldn't say a word, I screamed again and again. Confused Lara asked me what was wrong again.
Then I mustard all the strength to tell them. "No no no no no no, it can't be true" I said.
"What can't be true"? asked Lara more confused.
"He's gone" I could only say.
"Who is gone"? They ask me again.
"Michael, Michael is gone" I replied.
"Gone? Gone to where"? Where exactly did he go to? asked Mrs Donald.
"Michael is dead"
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

THANKS FOR READING!!!