CHAPTER 3

Downstairs workers looked at each other curiously wondering the reason of them being summoned early morning by the Matriarch of Raizada family which never happened before. Though their wait was over as Nani arrived to clear their curiosity.

" Did any of you saw Khushi bitiya today morning"question Nani looking at them while they nodded their heads denying

"Mohan didn't bitiya ask you to take her anywhere today"question Nani directing her question on Raizada driver.

"No madam she hasn't approached me yet "denied Mohan

"Suresh! you were the one guarding the gate ,when did my wife went out? questioned Arnab

"Sir I haven't seen madam going out"responded Suresh fear evident in his voice.

"What the! what do you mean you haven't seen her going out?do you mean she passed without your knowledge "growled Arnab

"Calm down CHOTE ,this is not the time of getting mad at anyone" said Nani trying to calm the anger of her grandson after seeing the gateman shivering under his gaze.

"What do you mean Nani, how can he say Khushi passed the gate without his knowledge ,then what am I paying him for?if any one can go and come in without his knowledge?" he was seething in anger but he was intrupted by ringing of his phone, he wanted to cut the call but seeing the name of the caller he received for he understood it's something serious.

When he heard what the caller asked him, his breath hitch , the phone fall on the ground and he fall down with a thud breaking down in tears for he was unable to hold himself. Seeing his condition everyone run towards him enquiring what was the call all about.

All: CHOTE! Arnab bitwa! Bhai! Arnabji!

CHOTE! what's the problem,whose call was it" questioned a worried Nani holding him.

"Nani, Mr Roy.......Khushi.." stammered Arnab breaking down unable to form words. Everyone was astonished seeing him in that condition they couldn't grasp what he heard that made him break down.

"What happen to Khushi bitiya and why did Mr Roy called you? " ask Nani unable to see her grandson condition which she saw fourteen years ago.

"Mr Roy called to ask me why I never told him of my divorce but when I denied his statement he told me he saw it himself and infact it was already approved by the judge and the papers had already been send to me. But Nani I haven't signed any divorce paper ,I remember recently I just signed Khushi's document which she told me she was taking loan from me but when I refused she threatened me and I had to give in"explained Arnab being sure he checked all the papers without putting his signature.

Nani sigh and sat down with a thud she understood everything, concluding they were divorce paper. She pitied her grandson for she didn't understood what pushed Khushi to take such a step, she looked at a grand daughter and grandson thinking she failed her beloved daughter for she was unable in protecting both her children.After controlling her emotions she decided to reach at the root of that.

Nani:CHOTE! go to your room freshen up and search  maybe you'l get the papers there,Akash bitwa go search in study room , Payal bitiya call your family members here and others go to your room and freshen up for in 30min I want all of you assembled here. Hp just prepare light dishes for lunch.