CHAPTER 5

7month passed after Khushi's  departure. With her departure many changes occured in Shantivan, Arnab who used to love his sister no longer stand her presence . He felt alone and suffocated in the mansion in between his family which resulted to him spending much time in the office and it was taking a toil on his health.

His family were worried about his health but none had the courage to approach him in fear of his anger. Payal was 7 month pregnant she received total care from both the two families and what made her happy was Mami stopped taunting her. She enjoyed these phase totally forgetting Khushi and so are others whom Khushi absence wasn't a bother.

The one who was disgusted with his family was Nk who after his return found out everything that happened to his best friend , he couldn't help but blame himself for not being around at that time when she needed him. Seeing how easily the family forgot Khushi, he couldn't stand them and decided to move in to the apartment he owned.. In the beginning he helped Arnab in his  search but they always met the dead end  for Khushi Gupta never existed.

The two families were happily enjoying their evening tea in shantivan as they plan ,for the next day Payal baby shower was going to be held. Their faces radiated with happiness and Payal smiled shyly as they tease her even Mami and Buaji who couldn't stand each other . Their HBB and HNK rang all over the mansion as they bicker happily. Nani looked around happily seeing the two families getting along, though atimes she miss Khushi but she never expresses it.

In the joy of welcoming a new member they forgot happiness isn't permanent, atimes we pay for our mistake in a different way, where there's a smile it must be followed with tears. Like wise  too much happiness attract a great storm which leaves a permanent scar and mostly the weak fail to rise again.

Next day Raizada mansion was decorated beautiful. Gupta's with some of their neighbours have just arrived and they were happy for their daughter especially seeing the envy of their neighbors.  Mami was bragging about her designer saree and having grandchildren soon to her kitty party friends who felt jealous but hid it well.  Arnab who didn't want to be there ,presented his gift to Akash congratulating him once more taking his leave.

  Arnab who didn't want to be there ,presented his gift to Akash congratulating him once more taking his leave

The Panditji called for Payal, who Anjali and Garima went to bring down. Payal has worn a heavy outfit which made it impossible for her to walk . Anjali and Garima insisted for her to change which she decline citing in an hour she'l change. They helped her in holding it while she match Infront, though in her happiness she failed to see her steps thus missing a step which led to her  rolling down the remaining stairs.

The two couldn't do much for what happen, happened unexpectedly making them  incapable of saving her who roll on her belly. Screams were heard all over Raizada mansion from the guest , none was prepared for what took place infront of their eyes,while others stood terrified witnessing what took place Infront of them.

Payal piercing scream grabbed their attention after hitting her belly hard. The pain was so intense which she couldn't withstand resulting for her in loosing consciousness. She was lying in a pool of blood, Nani who was sensible rang Arnab who even though wanted to assume the call something pushed him to receive it and after hearing from the other side he was horrified.

He sprang on his feet reaching Akash , who after seeing his brother weird behavior, question him but received no answer making him more anxious especially after seeing the speed he was driving at adding to that they were heading to Shantivan.

Reaching home the site they met took their breath away, Akash stood numb for what he saw was enough to loose his sanity. Mami cried seeing her son state who run towards Payal and held her securely in his arm  before moving out followed by Arnab.

Nothing was reaching Akash ,he was lost  looking at the amount of blood on Payal . He didn't even realize they have arrived at the hospital and neither did he saw the speed Arnab drove the car. He was brought back when Arnab shaked his shoulder that's when he realised of his surrounding.

"Bhai... Payal and my baby ,I won't survive if anything happens to them"uttered Akash looking lost

"Akash be strong, this time payal needs you morethan ever, come out let her be taken inside, she needs to be attended immediately "Arnab barked turning to Asr

"Your right Bhai, I must be strong for both"said Akash seeing ASr Infront of him.

Though others who followed behind were worried seeing their speed, they were relieved seeing them safe. The stretcher was pushed inside and the head doctor who was to lead in the operation remained behind after instructing others on what to do for he wanted to have a talk with the family.

" I won't lie to you ,looking at the amount of blood the patient has lost you should be ready for any news. Either one of them can be saved and if possible arrange blood for her for emergency "said the doctor with sugarcoating his word.

"Doctor please do everything to save both money isn't a problem" tried Arnab seeing his brother.

But they were interrupted by a nurse who came to announce the need of blood from the family members since their blood bank lack her blood group.

"Dr can you tell me her blood type maybe we can found her match among our friends"question Arnab .

Nurse:AB-

But they were intrupted by gasps and a shuttering cry which came from Garima.

"Jiji what will we do now? only Shashiji could be the one to save both but that's impossible" uttered Garima breaking down in sobs

"I wish Titaliya was here, she would have saved Payal bitiya and our grandchild"Buaji utters in trance not knowing the impact her words created.

Being unseccussful in getting blood bag, the doctors had to do C.S with Akash permission to remove the dead baby atleast to save the life of the mother. Akash cried seeing the dead body of his daughter, he didn't know how he's going to face and console Payal when he himself was already broken.

The doctor summon the presence of Akash in his cabin who asked Arnab to accompany him.

Dr: Sorry for your lose ASR but am here to discuss something serious with your brother.

Akash: Dr is Payal ok

Dr: Physically yes though emotionally no ,it isn't going to be easy for her after learning the lose of her own child ,she will need your emotional support now more than ever though the reason that I summoned you here is different.

Arnab: What is it doctor?

Dr: Actually the patient won't be able to conceive again for her womb can no longer hold the foetus and if she get pregnant in future both the life of the mother and child will be in danger.....

1203 words