CHAPTER 25

The family enjoyed the occasion yet to others everything seemed like a dream. Nani stared at her grandson feeling broken but the look on Arnab face killed the inside of the old lady.

As Khushi put the ring in Aryan's finger, Arnab stared at everything feeling vulnerable. Nothing reached his ears for his inside was crying feeling betrayed with his fate and the choices he made in life.

His family glance at him and they had to drag him when the event was over for he was unresponsive. They stared at him not knowing what to do especially since Khushi didn't even spare them a glance and seeing the family she has made was a blow on them for they couldn't believe he easily moved on from Arnab.

Raizada's were startled when they heard Arnab painfall chuckle before moving from there. He broke down knowing his cousin all along knew Khushi's whereabout but he never revealed to him who were still trying digest what they saw.

He felt betrayed yet this time he took the blame knowing his cowardice was the reason yet it still pained. His inside chilled,he felt dead and he felt alone but like always he mask his real emotion and joined his family.

Later in the evening they joined the Main mansion where they saw Maheswari siblings excitedly checking their gifts. They were invited and joined them but all their attention was solemnly directed to Khushi whom they waited to see if she'll  even smile at them like in past.

Though it pained them watching the girl who used to affectionately call them now behaving nonchalant of their presence, they remained silent watching siblings interaction in wonder. Raizada's watched Maheswari and Gadodia's siblings who were excitedly inspecting their gifts with their husbands beside them who rather looked amused seeing their bubbly wives.

They felt out of place especially seeing the husbands who didn't shy romancing their wives not minding their glare.

"Choti aren't you finishing already?"question impatience Uttara seeing Khushi was still inspecting her gifts

"Bhai do something,I want to spend time with Shona. Since morning we haven't even got their attention"murmured Sanskar to Adarsh who was also staring at his wife longingly

"Let me just change this saree, it's too heavy for my liking.Don't tell me you both are planning to go like this"told Khushi pointing to them who were heavily decked up while their husbands stared at them in confusion

"Doll, are you both going somewhere?"question a clueless Sanskar

"Yes Bhai, we are going for ice cream ,we had a long day and  now we are going to treat ourselves. So you both ought to give us your wallet"told Khushi as they stretch their hands infront of their horrified husbands for their plan failure of spending time with them.

"But Uttu don't you think you both need rest after standing under the sun for long?"tried Nk

" Yes Khush I know your tired and you need rest, come i'l take you to our room" told Aryan trying to hold her who Khushi who glared at him.

"Thank you so much Aryanji for thinking about me but am not tired. Am going for an ice cream not war. "told Khushi  in sarcasm while Ryan made faces for his plan failure.

"But doll I thought we had a challenge of you not taking ice cream until after marriage?"reminded sanskar elbowing Laksh