☆1☆

Past

Mingyu knew he was late, too late. Yet he was running, he was running desperately to the great castle that was standing proudly on the island. He could see it, could feel the fire burning down everything he had grown to love. The screams were heart breaking, the servants were running away from their house.

Antigua was burning down, and yet he was still running, hoping that somehow, they were safe, that they had chosen not to fight but to flee. He was hoping that they had been selfish for once, that he had been selfish. But in his heart, he knew.

When he reached the bridge his two companions were there, they, too, had something to lose. So, they ran towards the castle, the air in his lounges sharp, but he didn't stop, not even when he saw the castle wrapped in fire, and from that sight alone he knew the fire was not accidental.

Mingyu looked behind his shoulder, finding his most loyal friends, Seungcheol and Seokmin, one glance at each other and then they were sprinting inside.

It didn't take too much to confirm Mingyu's fears, not when he suddenly heard Seokmin screaming, a cry that sent a shiver down his spine. And then he beheld what it was, laying on the floor there was Joshua, a pool of blood surrounded him, and a sword clenched tight in his hand, as if he was ready to strike again. Seokmin ran to him, taking him in his arms, his mate drifting away from him. "Min, why... are you... here? " Joshua said in a breath.

"For you, always for you." Seokmin answered, a tear running down his cheek.

"There is... There is nothing you can do... for me. Find the others... Please find them... Find my brothers." Joshua said clasping his right arm.

"I can't leave you here alone." He said taking Joshua's face in his hand. "I won't leave you again."

"You never left me, Min. Never... Even when I asked... you to... And now I'm... asking you to the same... leave me here... and find them. Please. Go."  The boy said with tears in his eyes.

"I can't... How can I do that, you can't ask me that? " Seokmin said sobbing.

"It's... a favour I'm asking you... Please let me go. They... they are still there... alive. My brothers... are still alive. They have to be, and you need to save them, Min, please."

And with these last few words, Joshua caressed his mate face, and closed his eyes, with a small smile on his lips. Mingyu almost heard Seokmin's heart break, as well as his, but they had to go. So, he dragged Seokmin away from his dead mate as the latter started to sob, hugging Joshua not wanting to let go. The sobs were so heart-breaking that Mingyu let out some tears.

In the next few chambers there were dead servants and some dead enemies, some strange creature made of darkness. The servants couldn't do anything to fight them off. But still, they had tried to save their house, they had fought beside the princes who ruled them.

When they arrived in the inner garden Mingyu knew that something was off, he could feel it in his guts. And he knew he was right when he saw Seungcheol running towards someone near the fountain, yelling a name. "JUNHUI."

Mingyu ran again, his blood boiling with rage at the sight. Junhui was sitting on the ground, his back to the fountain, a dagger in his side. "I knew... you were coming... I'm sorry... I couldn't do anything..." Junhui tried to say. Mingyu shushed him, pressing his hands on the wound trying to stop the bleeding.

"What happened? " Asked Seungcheol with a soft voice, even tho Mingyu knew he was fighting his tears.

"They arrived... at last. I saw this... coming, but I couldn't do... anything. Where are the others... Please, are they safe? Let them be safe..." He looked at them, at their faces and it was all written there, his eyes lingered on Seokmin.