☆10☆

The man couldn't believe his eyes. His best friend, his brother by heart was there, right in front of him. His face was bright and full of life, his eyes shining. He couldn't master any thoughts; his mind was blank. "Shua..." He said in a breath.

"You need to rest, lay down and I'll get you some water." As Joshua started to leave, Seungcheol grabbed his wrist. He didn't know whether he was crying or not, he wasn't even sure he was alive at this point.

"Are you hurting somewhere? Please let me know if so. I'll treat you myself."

"I'm not hurting..."

"Then why are you holding me this tightly?"

His eyes shot open, and he let go of Joshua. " Sorry" He whispered. His hand hesitated to leave the proximity of his arm tho. He had to know if he was alive, if he was dreaming or not. "Where am I? What happened?"

"You got hurt in battle and an officer brought you here. The wound is pretty deep but don't worry, you'll have to put the herbs on it, and it'll heal just fine."

"Thanks... May I know your name? Just in case I need help..."

"I'm Joshua. Nice to meet you General Choi."

"All my pleasure, Joshua." He wasn't dreaming, it couldn't be so. The skin he had touched was warm, blood was flowing underneath. He was alive, his smile was still the same as always. He had to tell Mingyu, he had to tell everyone.

Soonyoung... He had to tell him...

"Sorry, who brought me here? I need to thank them properly."

"Oh... I think he just got back to the field. I don't know if he'll come soo-" He was interrupted. A group of soldiers came running in the little tent, all of them bloody and dirty. But one of them was yelling to get out of the way.

"MAKE WAY! HURRY UP!"

Seungcheol knew that voice very well. And it seemed that Joshua did too as his eyes shot open, his head turning towards the chaos, and he went running to them. Seungcheol stood on trembling legs, following him.

"Hyung, he got stabbed in the chest, I did a kind of bandage, but the blood keeps flowing." Seungcheol used the bed to keep himself up as he studied the man that was speaking.

Junhui.

"You did the right thing. Yeosang, Felix take care of our patient, the wound is not that deep, use some herbs for the pain." Said Joshua instructing two young boys while he turned to Junhui and studied him from head to toe. "Are you ok? Any pain?"

"I'm pretty fine, thanks. You look tired Hyung... When was the last time you got some sleep?"

"Don't worry about me, it's you that fights in the first line."

 Junhui was about to say something but then he beheld Seungcheol standing there and tensed, saluting him. "Sorry sir. I'll go back now. Take care of yourself."

At first, he didn't understand why he had tensed up, but then... he was still in his military robes. He was his General. "You can rest if you need to. Rodeven's troops are on their way. We'll get a little break. Stay with your brother."

Joshua and Junhui stood astonished. For them he was just Yesoden's General, not a friend. He wasn't even supposed to know they were related. "How do you know, if I can ask?" Joshua said softly.

"I just assumed so." Seungcheol said just as softly, then he smiled a bit. "I guess I was right." Seungcheol stalked back to his bed, his heart racing. They were there, alive. Junhui was alive. His personality was the same, he still worried for his brother, even though Joshua was older. He laid down again, one eye always open and ears on alert as he heard the two of them talking.

"You need to rest, Hyung."

"They need me here. I can't go home."

"You are of no use killing yourself. I can stay here for a while; you taught me first aid."

"You need to rest more than I do. Do you think I didn't notice the limp you are trying so hard to hide. What happened?"

"A kick. A strong one. How about we both go home for a bit? I can get us both a license as the second line stepped up and you have heard General Choi, troops are coming."

"If they come, and they get hurt, who will be here to help them?"

"Your nurses are here, they arrived after you did, they can hold on for a bit. Let's go. Plus I need help with Wonwoo. Mrs Baek said she wanted to leave before the first snow, that was days ago."

"Right Wonwoo, I forgot about it... His fever was still high when I left. Ok then, go get the license, I'll pack some stuff and tomorrow we leave. Just for a bit tho."

"Until Wonwoo is healed."

"Yeah, let's do that."

Seungcheol wasn't really understanding what they were saying, all he knew was that Wonwoo was alive, he thanked all the gods for that, but he was sick. His only thought was to get to the castle as soon as possible, actually he stood up ready to go until Joshua came in front of him.

"General you shouldn't be standing. The wound will take time to heal. Lay down, I'll have my best nurses to help you while I'm away."

"Actually, I was planning on recovering at home. I also need to see the king, so I'll better be going."

"Riding in those conditions isn't the cleverest thing. If you are alone, it's even worse."

"I'll go with some guards don't worry about that. I heard you are leaving..."

"Yeah that's right. I wasn't planning on it, but my baby brother needs my help. He is the youngest, but his body is very sensitive. I need to go check on him."

"Is he going to be fine? " He said, his heart clenching. Wonwoo, what's wrong?

"He just doesn't like the cold weather. He'll be fine, thank you. Be careful on your way home. This territory is too dangerous for one to wonder alone."

"Then how are you going?"

"Me and my brother are skilled fighters, we've been living here forever, we know the woods. Don't worry."

"It has been a pleasure, I hope to see you again, Joshua."

"The pleasure was mine, General Choi. Have a safe trip."

And so, they parted ways.