☆9☆

Mingyu was standing alone in the garden. He had just talked with Jeonghan and Jihoon about his plan. The eldest had been scolding him as if he was their son. They had promised to lock him up somewhere if he really was thinking about that.

 They had even called Seokmin and Minghao to make him reflect, and as the three of them remained alone, the first thing Mingyu did was calling their attention. "I think I need to apologize."

"I think we need to talk, thoroughly. We don't want apologies. We want you to understand us."  Said Seokmin interrupting the other.

"I did understand, don't worry."

"No Mingyu, you've escaped this conversation for years. Now you sit and quietly listen."

"Seokmin is right. We didn't really talk about all of this all together this freely. At least in my regard."

"We don't need to. It happened, it was a long time ago."  Mingyu retorted back.

"The way you talk about it it's the exact reason we need to sort this out. We suffered as much as you. We all lost our mates that night. You aren't alone, and you need to get it."

"I've never felt alone, I've always had you and Seokmin. Also, Seungcheol and Jeonghan... Chan, Hansol Jihoon... And my court..."

"Mingyu ever since that night I almost never heard you talk about Wonwoo, or what happened. And I know that I wasn't there with you and Seokmin and i can't imagine how it was for you but... But Seokmin told me about Joshua as soon as he saw me. But you barely said his name."

Mingyu looked at his friends, a strange feel of hurt and betrayal in his heart. He knew he couldn't blame them for that night, but he never pushed something out of them. "So, you are here to make me talk about my dead mate... Is that so?" He asked annoyed.

"No, we want to know what the fuck is up in your tiny, little head. What are you thinking? How are you feeling?"

"And why do you want to know that? My feelings are not that important. And even if they were, the only person I'd want to know about them is dead, and there is nothing I could do to save him."

"You keep repeating that, but I don't think that you are actually convinced. I bet you still believe that your magic could have saved him." Minghao said looking at him.

"Of course I'm not. I'll have this doubt forever. He didn't even let me try to save him, what if it'd worked, what if he'd survived? I don't think that you don't feel the same."

"I don't. I saw Shua's wound, and as much as I would have wanted to stay there with him on that damn floor, I left him, while he was still warm, because of what he last asked... To find his brothers." Seokmin said.

"I wasn't there with Jun, but when I saw his body, it was obvious that he would have died even with my presence, and yes sometimes I do wonder what I would have done if I had been there... But that doesn't change the fact that it was too late."

"It's never too late. I could have saved them, even if you think that there was nothing we could have done." Mingyu replied back, going further into the garden.

"If what Wonwoo said is true then..."

"What Wonwoo said was insane. I already made my mind about that. He was just speaking nonsense. And even if that was true there is price he needs to pay, and only god knows what that is." The king almost yelled, interrupting Seokmin.

"Still, I can't believe you don't trust that. But it's your opinion. I know I'll see my Shua again, and I know you'll get Wonwoo back. It's just a matter of time."

"There isn't a worst torture for us then to wait endlessly. Times know how to punish people, to lead them into madness and despair. But I believe that it also reunites people." Minghao said going next to Mingyu and looked at the stars.

"Wonwoo always said that time was something you need to understand. That time is the best thing you can give to someone you love, and the useless thing you can use with someone who don't deserve it." Mingyu added now looking at the sky too.

"Wonwoo was always so deep." Seokmin commented going next to them.

"He was, right?"

The three of them were now next to each other, looking up their heads and it was so comfortable to be with his friends that Mingyu let out a small confession. "I miss him, his smile was the only thing to keep me going. Now even that memory is fading." He said softly and sadly.

"I can't force you to believe him, but if you don't, then I'll wait for him for you." Seokmin said putting a hand in his shoulder.

"Thank you."

****

Seungcheol hadn't seen anything like what was in front of him right now. Five days ago Yoongi, one of the generals, had called him to the border for aid. The enemy had been able to conquer the little city that divided Yesoden and Antigua. So he had gone south.

The fight had lasted three days nonstop, Seungcheol had been on the front line, which gained him a deep wound on his right side, and had passed out for blood loss at the end of the second day.

In the maintime he town had been evacuated, and now the citizens were staying at a temporary camp deep in forest. He had woken up on the fourth day, his side burning and his head pounding.

The little nursery was packed with people with every kind of injuries, Seungcheol groaned a bit standing on his elbows, his eyes still blurry. A male nurse came running towards him. "Don't get up. You have to stay like that. Your wound is too deep."

It took him a while to catch it, but suddenly that voice made its way in his brain. Seungcheol's eyes shoot to the nurse, now seeing him perfectly. "Joshua."