☆17☆

Soonyoung followed Mingyu outside, they were still covered in dirt and dark blood, and he really wanted to look good when he met Joshua and Wonwoo, but all he could think of was Jihoon lying on the bed with some kind of poison in his body. 

Joshua had been the first to run after they had arrived, and he hadn't changed a bit just like Wonwoo. Seokmin had frozen when he had seen the older taking care of Jihoon, but then he had turned to him, signalling his nurses to find a room for the both of them.

Mingyu's hands were trembling, he had seen Wonwoo and he was breath-taking. When he entered the room Mingyu's heart stopped working, his breath got caught up in his throat. The world stopped as their eyes met, and Mingyu understood that nothing had changed, he still was deeply and madly in love with him.

"How are you, big boy? Are your knees ok or will you fall on ground as soon as I turn my back?" Soonyoung said patting Mingyu on the shoulder. "I'm joking, I know how you feel, it's the same for me. I wanted to see them for so long that now it feels unreal to be with them, to talk to them."

Mingyu hesitated for some moments and then he looked at him. "God he is beautiful." That was all he could say.

"They both are stunning. And now you have all night to look at him. Good job. Now go, save my mate and don't make my brother wait for you." Soonyoung said. "Oh, and do not make him call you Majesty. We'll talk later, Jihoon needs me more than you do."

****

Wonwoo was rather nervous, the king of Yesoden was reading very old books with him in the death of the night. The camp had fell in a long-deserved sleep at around 2 a.m. and now the only ones awake were the few guards checking the border and the two of them. 

The king had even brought something to eat as neither of them had eaten anything and had asked Wonwoo to just call him by his name, no need for formalities, he had said. 

They had decided to divide the books in <old> and <very old> and to Wonwoo's surprise the king had taken the latter's, stating that he too had studied old languages, and he could do just fine. The atmosphere in the little tent was calm and strangely comfortable. When both of them had some doubts, they would look into it together. 

"Mingyu, look at this. It describes the creatures that attacked you, maybe if we look into this, we can find something. It says that the sword that they use are made of a specific metal that can be found only in Antigua, in the far border of the island." Wonwoo said reading the small passage.

"Let me see." He read it again, going through the pages until he found something rather interesting. "Look, hear this: The metal can release a part a deadly poison that messes with the head, the only known cure is a bath into the lake Linx, whose water can purify every soul." He read aloud, looking then at Wonwoo who had listened and was now looking into some book. 

"Lake Linx? It must be wrong, it's on the completely other side of Antigua. We'll need to go to Turgal. No one lives there anymore." Wonwoo said looking at Mingyu. "It's deserted now."

Mingyu sighed passing his hands through his hair and sinking in the chair. Turgar, his homeland from where he had run away long ago, promising to never turn back. He was so immersed in his thoughts that he couldn't hear Wonwoo calling him. "...gyu. Mingyu... My king... Are you ok? Do you need anything?" Wonwoo asked, touching his hand to catch his attention. 

Mingyu grabbed it without even realising, tightening his grip as Wonwoo called him again. When he realised, he was holding his hand he let go of it. "I'm sorry, Wonwoo. I apologize. I didn't mean to cross your boundaries; my mind was elsewhere." 

"It's ok, I don't mind. You seem shaken, maybe it's time to take a little break, it's 4 in the morning. Tomorrow we can continue, I'll stay with my brother so you can rest, and then we'll find some information about Turgar."  Wonwoo said getting up. "I'll be here first thing in the morning."

"You can stay here, the hospital is probably packed, and I don't want you to wander alone at night in the camp. There is a little bed over there, you must be tired as well traveling at night can take a lot of efforts, I don't mind you staying here." Mingyu suggested, hoping he wouldn't seem desperate to ask him to stay there, but to his surprise Wonwoo thanked him and laid on the small bed. 

"Wake me up if you want to lay down."  Wonwoo said lying on the bed.

"Don't worry about me, rest. I have some work to do anyway."  Mingyu answered. He had no intention to sleep at all, not after spending his whole night reading and studying with Wonwoo. He wasn't planning on letting him stay here, if something he wanted to keep him as far from here as possible, keeping him safe in town. 

But now he was so glad that the man was there, after learning about Turgar his night had been ruined. He had promised to never come back when he had left with the ones loyal to him. After his father died his people had gone against him, as he wasn't the legitimate heir but the bastard son of a tyrant, who had given birth to two other monsters. 

His brothers had chased them down all the way to Antigua where Junhui had almost killed them. Their family had saved them, offering a shelter, food and water, then Wonwoo and Soonyoung had participated to a meeting to keep his brothers away from them, promising that they wouldn't come back ever again. 

Then Mingyu had slowly helped the people who wanted to leave Turgar and had built his kingdom with kindness and wisdom.

And now after a lot of years the man he had loved so much and had lost, was sleeping peacefully on the bed in front of him, and he was so breath-taking. When he made sure that Wonwoo was deeply asleep he stalked towards him and bent down. He softly moved a strand of hair out of his face, making sure not to wake him.

"I missed you so much." He whispered as he caressed his face. "I love you, Wonwoo. I always have."