☆3☆

4 years later

The battlefield was covered in blood, dead bodies all around him. His army, the people he had led to war, his companions, were dead. A lot of them were still recovering in the nursery, but the ones who were doing fine had followed him that morning, facing the pure darkness in front of them. Brave men and women. The sounds of the battle had slowly died down, now upon him there was just a lingering, heavy silence.

He didn't know where his family was, if they were even alive. Mingyu didn't want to think about it, so when a voice called him, he didn't notice at first, not until Seungcheol took him by the shoulder to make sure he was fine, not until his second screamed his name.

"MINGYU! Answer me. Are you ok? Feel pain anywhere? "

He wasn't listening, he couldn't feel anything, he was just focusing on the pit of death spreading all around them. When he started talking, he just had a faintly idea of Seungcheol by his side.

"It's my fault, Seungcheol. I did this. I led them to death. It's my fault." He said falling on his knees, not caring about the blood, or the tears. Seungcheol knelt down with him, even his second had no words except "No, it's not, we couldn't know."

The trek to home was the hardest thing he had done in his life. In the camp no one was celebrating the victory, no songs of triumph were heard. The army was mourning his deads, as Mingyu was. A black banner was standing before his tent, not a royal one, not a king's one. But a general's. With him there were Seungcheol, still in his dirty armour, and Hansol, a bandage on his right arm and leg, clows marks.

"Now that we have the city back, we can try to take back the sea. It'll be a great advantage, especially if we can have Seokmin's troops arriving from East." Declared Hansol, one of his best soldiers.

"We barely made it to the city, to take the harbour would be impossible now." Said Seungcheol. "Even if we try, we need men to stay and protect here. But the army is too small for us to make it with just thousands of men. We need more."

"My proposal is still up. We can ask Antigua's men to help, it's in their interest too. If that creatures struck again Yesoden's army can't make it." Hansol said looking at Mingyu to ask his consent.

"I won't ask them to fight again, they had enough. I want them to feel safe as much as possible, I can't let them go through that again." Mingyu stated.

"We need help, Mingyu. There is no way we'll win this war by ourselves, Yesoden can't stop them alone. We don't have the power to fight the enemy's army, and the ones who had it are dead. Soonyoung would come if you ask him." Declared Hansol, now standing on his feet, a hand pointing west.

"No, leave Soonyoung out of this. Leave them all out of this. I won't go crowding to him just to humiliate myself, not after I abandoned his family's castle. He hates me, there is no way he would care if I died, or I live." After Mingyu and Seungcheol had left Antigua's lands, taking with them all the citizens, Mingyu had made sure to keep them away from the war, even if the enemies had come too near the border and had attacked in the deep of the night.

"You still are his brother's mate, don't forget that. Wonwoo loved him as much as he loved you, and plus, you are the only one who answered Jun's call for aid. It's a debt you need to call to, even if it's against your pride." Seungcheol said looking straight in his eyes.

"I don't think he cares whether i answered or not, he hates me being Wonwoo's mate, as much as he hates himself for not being there in time to save them. In the end me and him are suffering because of the same reasons, and even if I'd like to use that, I just can't bring myself to use his pain against him."

"The pain he'll suffer would be the same, because if Yesoden fall, they will go straight to him. He is hiding from the world and as much as I'm sorry for him, there is no way he'll be able to make it alone. And let's not forget that Antigua's people are living here, in your kingdom. He is the last price alive, it's time for him to make that title count." Hansol said firmly.

"He is right, Mingyu. If we fall, all kingdoms will fall. We are the last barrier between the enemies and the other realms. They have to help, or else they will fall." Seungcheol ended.

Mingyu stood there thinking about the things they've said, and they were so damn right. Yesoden was falling apart, he himself was falling apart. Yet they were still standing, still fighting, so he looked at them and spoke.

"Ok then. Hansol, I want you to send messengers all over, send words that the king of Yesoden is asking for help and if they refuse, tell them that after this war I'll go personally to kill them. Send words to Seokmin too, I need his troops here, as soon as possible. Seungcheol you'll stay here, guard the ream and the army. I'll go to Soonyoung, and if necessary, I'll beg him to come. I'll go immediately so have my horse ready. This war needs to end."

With that last statement, Mingyu went to his horse, taking with him just some food and water. He was ready to fall on his knees before Soonyoung if needed, to beg his forgiveness. So, he went trotting towards west.