Chapter Three

"So? What's it say?"

"I could tell you if you stopped breathing down my neck," Cal pushed me back and huffed. "She has DNA that's similar to both you and Hannah's" he swiveled around.

"Looks like the wicked witch of the west actually told the truth about something," Johnny peered at the screen. "How do you feel about this? You've never had a child before,"

"Ah, no shit," I deadpanned, then sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I don't know, I'm not entirely against it,"

Cal crossed his arms dramatically. "How about how I feel? I just found out I have a niece,"

Wes smacked him in the back of the head. "This isn't about you, dipshit,"

Cal grumbled and settled back against the chair.

"What should I do?"

"Why are you asking us? We don't know jack shit about kids,"

Wes rolled his eyes. "I do,"

Everyone looked at him. "How?"

"I have a sister,"

I blinked. "Since when?"

"Since fourteen years ago? I used to babysit her a lot before I met you dickheads,"

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"You never asked," he shrugged. Cal and Johnny made a choking motion with their hands after Wes turned and headed for the hallway. "I'm gonna go train,"

"Anyone else have a sister I don't know about?"

"I have a brother, he's standing in front of me," Cal chuckled. I rolled my eyes at his idiocy.

"I have a brother but he's older," Johnny offered.

I pinched my nose bridge. "Fucking hell," I muttered. "You people are impossible,"

I left the room and went to the kitchen, where Odessa was silently reading. "It was positive, wasn't it?" she asked, flipping the page.

I blinked at her.

"I eavesdropped,"

"It was,"

She hummed acknowledgement. "Do you even want a child?"

I leaned on the counter. "My parents, well, my dad specifically, used to tell me that love and kids and all that shit didn't have a place in a business like this and after Hannah, I agreed on the love part, but I don't know, kids crossed my mind time to time but I could never fully dwell on it because having kids isn't what I was taught,"

"And now?"

"Now that I have a kid, I don't know, it's starting to feel like he was wrong," he said. "But my dad was usually wrong about a lot of things so,"