Chapter Twenty-Two

Three Months Later

Three Months Later....

"Hey, Des – oh,"

I looked beyond the open door, where I was expecting Odessa to be awake, but instead was met with her and Rowan sound asleep, snoring softly. "Did they stay up late last night?" Alex showed up beside me, peering into the room.

"But wouldn't they be up by now? It's almost six pm,"

Alex shrugged. "At least they're not dead,"

I silently agreed and closed the door. We walked back downstairs and I took a seat next to Cal on the couch. "Where's Dessa?"

"She and Rowan aren't up yet,"

Christian frowned. "But it's basically six,"

"Well, it gives us more time to plan her birthday," I leaned forward and grabbed the tablet. We've been planning her sixteenth birthday ever since I got it out of her a month ago. She claimed she didn't want one and didn't want them wasting their time but Rowan spilled to us that she said she always wondered what having one was like. 

"We've got the venue and the food planned out, we just need decorations, seating and invitations,"

"Cal, you're on decorations," I pointed.

Cal gapes. "Me? I don't have any experience decorating,"

"I meant to find the decorations, I wouldn't leave you decorating the venue even if you were the last person on earth," I said. "Alex and Ronan are on decorating the venue,"

Cal blinked. "Well now I'm offended," he grasped his chest and stood, exiting the house. I rolled his eyes. "Johnny, Christian, you two are on seating, get the chairs but don't make the chart yet."

"Wes, you and I are on invitations,"

"I haven't made birthday invitations since my sister's sixth birthday," Wes mumbled, following me to the kitchen as Christian and Johnny left the house. I looked at him. "How old is she now?"

"Twelve,"

I pulled up a designing app and it took five tutorials and Wes of all people for him to learn how to use it but two hours later, the invitations are done. "Still got it," Wes brushed invisible dust off his shoulders.

Soon, Johnny and Christian came sauntering into the kitchen. "Chairs are at the venue, are the invitations done?"

"Yeah but old man here had to be taught how to use a designing app,"

I glared and smacked him upside the head. "Shut up," I grumbled, turning off the tablet. Johnny looked towards the stairs. "Are they not up yet?"

"Nope, but I think I heard shuffling so they're probably up, just not coming down,"

"I'll check," I slid off the stool and made my way upstairs. I softly knocked. I heard a quiet 'yeah?' in response and opened the door. "You guys are finally up? It's almost eight,"