Chapter Fifteen

I groaned, being woken up again by the annoying sound of the rhythmic knock on my door

"Mr. Hart, it's time for more of your training," one of the servants pops their head in with a polite smile. I waved her off, mumbling something even I didn't understand into my pillow.

It's been days since I first woke up and James told me he and his boss's plan, which didn't make sense to me but if it kept me alive and eventually got me back to Odessa, I wouldn't ask questions. For the past couple days, James's brother's trainers have been teaching me more things and every day, I end up with more bruises I have to ice every night.

It was honestly getting tiring, plus, I hadn't seen Odessa since their painting lesson, I was starting to get dessa deprived. Stretching my limbs, I reluctantly get up and trudge over to my bathroom, showering. The hot water against my sensitive skin made me hiss lightly.

"Good, you're here, pick your knives, then head outside, your sparring partner is waiting in the groove" one of the trainers was cleaning a knife when I walked in. I ran a hand through my hair and picked up two of the clean ones, heading outside towards the big dip in the land.

"You must be Rowan," a boy his age wiped his hands clean with a rag. "I'm Zafir,"

I nodded and twirled the knives in his hands. "I'm supposed to train with you?"

"That is correct, just until you're cleared by the headmaster's brother to go back,"

I groaned. "Which will take the rest of my natural life because this basically nonexistent decided to drag out his plan with my girlfriend,"

"Girlfriend?" Zafir's eyebrows raise. "Headmaster, nor his brother, mentioned you had a girlfriend,"

"Have," I corrected. "And they don't need to mention it, I don't need everyone knowing my business,"

"I mean no offense," he says, picking up his knives. "I have a girlfriend myself, her name is Lyla,"

I squint but nod. "Mine is Odessa,"

"Odessa? As in Odessa Harris?"

"How do you know her?"

"She's Alexander Cage's niece, the king of the underworld," he said as if I'd had grown another head. "And she's the princess of the Italian mafia,"

"I knew the second one but how is she Alexander Cage's niece?"

"Alexander Cage's dad is Christian and Callahan Harris's dad,"

"You're telling me that Alexander is Christian and Cal's brother?"

"Half-brother, but yes," Zafir nodded. "And she's the most powerful,"

"What do you mean?"

"Odessa Harris is under the protection of the Italian mafia and the entire underworld, she's related to the king and the leader, which meant that if either died, she'd be running both, it makes her untouchable,"