Chapter Five

Blood tasted disgusting

Blood tasted disgusting. Like if you put a penny in your mouth.

I didn't understand how people licked this shit off of their fingers and I suppose I should've backed up before I shot the bastard in his head so I wouldn't end up with a face splattered with blood right before my shift at the bakery but oh well, I needed someone to kill after that jackass ruined my mood.

A cupcake that was thrown up on by pinkie pie? Seriously?

I knew my cupcakes were colorful but that had to be an over exaggeration. I huffed, cleaned my face in the nearby rundown bathroom and walked over the dead body, out of the trashed apartment.

I straightened myself out and drove to Abala's Treats, where I hoped that the horrid man wouldn't show up again. And now that I thought about it, if my cupcakes would put someone in a sugar coma, then why did he buy so many? Who were they for?

I shook my head. No. I didn't care. He was a jackass with no soul but I had to admit, before he opened his mouth, he was quite attractive with his messy black hair, sharp jawline, and brown eyes. His lips were nice too, they were tainted red and plump. But with that mouth, he certainly wasn't her type.

I left my car and walked into my bakery. It was bustling with kids squealing and parents smiling. It was how I liked it. Mostly for the kids though, they were adorable.

"There you are, where have you been?"

"I went to cool off," I said and it wasn't a lie. I did go to cool off but my version of cooling off just happened to be researching someone bad and assassinating them. I found pleasure in watching a bad guy suffer. It was very amusing when they begged for mercy, and when you watch their facial expression when they realize you won't give them any, it's golden.

"Fine but no more shoving cupcakes in customer's face,"

"No one told him to be a jackass,"

"Maybe he was having a bad day," Iris offered.

I cocked my eyebrow. "Please, people like him, they're always dark, mysterious, disrespectful, and broody," I said. "He's no different,"

Iris huffed, obviously realizing she's not going to change my mind. Iris never liked conflict, she prefers to be the peacemaker. It's what I liked about her. "Oh fine, I'm going on break, man the register until I get back?"

"I got you," I took the hat and placed it on my head. The bell above the door chimed as it opened. "Hi, welcome to Abala's Treats, what can I - you again," I narrowed my eyes.

The man rolled his eyes. "Do you have small cakes?"

"For someone who seems to hate sweet stuff, you sure do keep coming back,"

The man scowled at me. "It's not for me,"

"Oh, don't tell me, you have a six year old," I snorted. "I feel bad for them,"