Chapter Sixteen

I had to admit, even though the RV was a bit cramped, road trips were fun

I had to admit, even though the RV was a bit cramped, road trips were fun. It'd be even more enjoyable if Rowan was here and not in some off the grid place god knows where.

"Two more days of Wes's terrible jokes," Alex mumbled. "How do you deal with this everyday?" he asked, sinking into the cushion beside me. I shrugged. "He's doing it to annoy you guys, he doesn't do it to annoy me,"

Alex's mouth twitched upwards. I glanced at the three men at the table. "You should tell them now," I nudged his hands towards them. His face hardened. "What if they don't -"

"Stop that," I flicked his arm then pointed to the table. Alex pursed his lips, obviously debating but knew he wouldn't win against me so he got up and sat down next to Wes.

I urged him on in an eager nod. "Alex has something to say," I blurted, causing Wes to shut up and Cal and Christian to glance at me before putting their attention on Alex.

"What is it?"

"The pictures on the drive," his jaw clenched.

Christian nodded slowly. "Of father and the woman, what about it?"

"The woman is my mother,"

I thought the scene before her looked like someone froze time. Wes and Christian were frozen, Rhys had a smirk, Johnny probably hadn't heard since Alex was talking so quietly and Cal was on the verge of laughter.

"You're joking," Christian deadpanned.

Alex shook his head. "It's why I wanted the pictures, she died when I was young and I didn't remember her face,"

"Looks like said brother was in the room with us," Cal said, earning a sharp glare from Christian. Alex shifted in his seat. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"I knew," Rhys said. Christian rolled his eyes. "You know everything," he waved him off.

Alex shrugged. "Overthinking isn't exactly fun,"

Christian nodded, understanding. "So, you're what? Our half brother?"

Alex nodded. "But I think there's another one,"

Christian groaned. "You have got to be fucking kidding me,"

"Whose the other one?" Cal asked. Alex pursed his lips. "I don't know his name but I went through the rest of the files and found father with a dark haired woman, her name was in the description,"

"What's her name?"

"Bea Zahar but they didn't last, she went on to marry someone else and had a girl,"

"And what's the girl's name?"

"Lyla James,"

"So we have another brother because of dad's manwhoreness," Cal rubbed a hand over his face. "How many kids is that?"