Chapter Eleven

TW: Delusion

TW: Delusion.

I shifted in my seat for the fifth time.

Basically pressing myself into Adalia's backside and watching her body react wasn't a good idea because now, I was sitting outside, with the bitter cold, with a hard on, a painful one at that.

I initially did it to prove I could make her react, but I didn't think my body would react. I wasn't in love with her, I knew that, but I had eyes, and I was smart enough to know she was fucking gorgeous.

Her brown eyes, her long curly black hair, her jawline, her body. Fuck. Thinking about her wasn't helping my situation at all.

"What was that?" Cal sits in the seat next to me.

I cocked my eyebrow at him. "What was what?"

"You getting all up in Adalia's space?"

I cursed internally. "Nothing," I muttered.

Cal scoffed. "Nothing, my ass, just by a glance it looked like you were fucking her,"

I choked on my spit. "I wouldn't touch her even if she was the last woman on earth," I grumbled.

Cal glared at me. "Really? Then why were you touching her hair if you wouldn't touch her if she was the last woman?"

I fell silent.

Fucking Cal and him making sense. I like him more when he's a dumbass.

"Thought so," Cal leaned back in his seat. "So, when's the wedding?"

"Excuse me?"

"The wedding?"

"What wedding?"

"Between you and Adalia,"

"I am not marrying her," I deadpanned. "She's insufferable,"

"Obviously not insufferable enough to the point where you get turned on by her," Cal snickered. "And in a year or two, when you're actually marrying her, I'm going to look you in the eye and say I told you so,"

"Well, you'll never get that chance because I will never marry that woman,"

Cal chuckled. "You are so going to eat your words,"

I smacked him upside the head. "Don't you have a woman to fuck?"

"Don't get mad because I'm right, brother," he clapped my back and strode off towards the school. I shifted again. I would never marry her. She wasn't as bad as Hannah, nobody was, but me marrying her? Please. She'd be lucky if she even got a first date.

Odessa certainly liked her though, so if I did eat my words, which I wouldn't because I was always right, she'd prove to be a great mother.

"What were you and Uncle Cal talking about?" Odessa takes Cal's seat.