Chapter Twenty Four

"What do you think animals do when the zoo closes?"

"Iris, baby, what the hell?"

I looked over at Rhys, who was trying to fall asleep but I was wide awake. "I'm just saying, what do they do? Do they play games or something?"

Rhys pulled me on top of him, then rolled us over, so he was on top, and clamped a hand over my mouth. "Sleep, woman,"

"I can't," I muttered against his hand. "Make me fall asleep,"

His head rose and he looked at me with tired but suggestive eyes. "I have a few ways,"

"Dirty,"

"You love it," he smirks and kisses me lightly. "And you know what I would love?"

"What?"

"You sleeping,"

I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck. "And how do you suggest I do that?"

He rolls over again, so I'm on top of him instead. His hand goes under my shirt and he rubs my back. His other hand strokes my hair in the way he knows I'll fall asleep too. And he does something that I would've never expected him to do.

He sings softly.

It's a song I don't recognize but it's doing wonders. My eyelids droop and I pull the blanket to my chin. "I think they play patty cake," I whisper tiredly.

"They definitely do," he whispers back. I sink into him and he smells good. It must be that body wash he has in the shower or it's the smell of his after shave or his lotion.

I'll steal some of his body wash, so I can smell like him. And his clothes too but he won't get those back.

"What if I just stole some of your stuff and you never got it back?"

"I wouldn't stop you, everything that's me is yours,"

"So, your dick is mine too?"

"Especially that,"

"Good," I smile against his chest. "Because if it wasn't mine, I would've chopped it off and fed it to the wolves,"

"Feisty,"

"You love it,"

"Yeah, I do," he kissed my head. "Now, sleep,"

"Yes, sir,"

In the morning, I do exactly what I said I would do and use Rhys's body wash. I skip into his closet and take his hoodie and joggers, rolling them up to fit my waist, then I use his cologne too.

Rhys walks into the room when I exit the bathroom and he stops in his tracks. I put my arms up and smile. "What do we think? Fashion show worthy?"

The sleeves of his hoodie cover my hands and it falls down to my knees, plus the joggers are baggy and I have my hair up in a discombobulated messy bun because my curls weren't cooperating this morning, so basically, I looked like a freshly clean hobo.