Chapter 8 - Princess

April 13th 2011

John's PoV

Waking up to my normal routine, I went downstairs to make breakfast and lunch for both Shido and Kotori. While making the food, I heard Shido shouting something in accomplishment.

Shido: "ALL RIGHT! FINALLY!"

A few days ago, Shido is supposed to play some kind of dating visual novel game as part of his "training." The only time he ever goes out of his room is when he has school, or when food is ready. As soon as he returned home from school, he immediately plays on the game after finishing his homework of course.

I honestly don't understand how this will help him as the game may not be reliable. This game is made by the crew of Fraxinus, but I am still skeptical about it. Now you are wondering, why am I not playing the game? Well after Kotori found out about my "girlfriend" Miku, I don't need to play the game. Although she did made an unnecessary insult to her brother about how my little accomplishment. I honestly don't understand Kotori sometimes.

Speaking of Miku, we still hang out quite frequently. If she is not busy that is. Like Shido and Kotori, she goes to school. Although it's a girls only one due to her experience with men. Miku does not really trust any men other than me as an exception. Despite not trusting them, she does tolerate them if they were to ask her simple questions. Sometimes she has a group of girls escort her to the park where we normally meet before telling them to leave us be, which I find a bit strange.

As I was thinking about Miku, Shido came downstairs dressed in his school uniform not before I noticed his exhausted expression.

John: "Hey, you alright Shido?" I asked him in concern.

Shido: "Hm? Oh of course I'm alright. I stayed up the whole night just to finish the game after all."

John: "Did the game really troubled you that much?"

Shido: "The choices were difficult dude, some of them makes no sense at all!"

John: "I knew this game won't help you at all." I sighed.

John: "It would have been a lot more better if you practiced on an actual girl instead of a pixel one."

Shido groans as I finished making the food.

John: "Food is ready, I gave you extra today. You gotta need the energy to stay up for the whole day. I don't want you falling asleep in class today."

Shido: "Thanks man, you are a life saver." As he starts eating immediately.

A couple hour later, while enjoying my time at the park. The space quake alarm is activated, which means a space quake is happening right now. I then noticed a explosion in a distance where the school Shido goes to is.

I quickly sprinted towards the school before finding most parts of the school is destroyed. I quickly called Shido to confirm his status.

John: "Shido, are you alright?"

Shido: "I'm fine, I heard the alarm too."

John: "Where are you right now? The school is destroyed."

Shido: "I am up there in Fraxinus right now, I'll be here in a couple minutes."