Chapter 4/1: What If...

John's PoV

Upon waking up, I am immediately greeted with a nice aroma smell. I then slowly got up from my bed before brushing my teeth while taking a shower at the same time since it's less time consuming to do both individually.

Afterwards, I went downstairs as the aroma smell gets stronger. I then went to the living room to see a girl with long blue hair, sporting a four leaf clover hair clip on the left side cooking at the kitchen. Upon noticing my presence, she then turned around giving me a smile.

???: "Good morning John. I hope you don't mind me making breakfast for today!"

John: "You've been saying this every morning Shiori."

The girl known as Shiori then gives me a playful pout.

Shiori: "I couldn't help it, I've been doing this for too long to the point it became a habit. Kotori didn't mind!"

I let out a sigh.

John: "That's because Kotori has been with you longer than I had."

Suddenly, I immediately felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist as I turned to my side to see Kotori hugging me.

Kotori: "Good morning Big brother John!" I returned the hug back.

John: "Good morning Kotori."

Kotori then does the same to Shiori too as I smiled at the little family bond. Afterwards, Shiori then placed the food on the plates before setting them down on the dining table. She made eggs benedict and sausages on the side. Afterwards, she then went back to the kitchen before grabbing another plate. She then placed a stack of pancakes in the middle of the table.

John: "Jeez Shiori, you didn't have to make THAT much."

Kotori: "I'm not complaining! I'll always choose my big sister's cooking more than then deluxe kids meal!"

Shiori: "I-it's nothing... Please enjoy the meal..." she then playfully starts fidgeting with her fingers in embarrassment as I let out a sigh before started to dig in on my meal. Not before the three of us clasps our hands together before saying the word.

All: "Itdakimasu!"

Not surprisingly, the meal was absolutely delicious to the point it felt like I was eating at a Michelin star restaurant.

John: "You really outdid yourself this time Shiori. That was delicious."

Shiori: "Really? I don't think I did anything that made the dishes delicious..."

John: "Shiori, your food really tastes like something that came from a Michelin star restaurant. It was that good."

Kotori happily nods in agreement.

Kotori: "Yep! Whenever big sister cooks, it's always a delicious treat!"

Shiori then became flustered at the compliments before shyly looking away twirling her hair.

I then clasped my hands saying the phrase.

John: "Gochisosama..."

Afterwards, I then proceed to clean up the table before washing the dishes and utensils.

Shiori: "Let me help John..."

I shaked my head.

John: "You already did too much by making that meal. You deserve a break Shiori. Just relax, I'll handle the rest."

Shiori let's out a small pout before reluctantly going to the living room and sits on the couch to watch TV with Kotori. While I am washing the dishes, I notice Kotori slowly leaning towards Shiori's ear as she whispers something to her. Shiori then immediately became flustered as she slowly nods.