Chapter 50 - Comico

John's PoV

???: "Mun... wake up."

John: "Hm?"

Slowly waking up, I am immediately greeted face to face with Reine. Looking around, it appears I'm in a different bedroom.

John: "Reine? What are you doing here? Where are the others?"

Reine: "They went ahead to get ready. The Comico starts in two hours."

John: "We have plenty of time to get ready though, and besides, I asked Tohka to wake me up when it's almost time to go."

Reine: "...Mun, can you come with me?"

John: "...Okay." I got off the bed before following Reine to the kitchen. On the countertop, there are ingredients. Ingredients to make ramen to be specifically. At first I was confused since I don't recall anyone wanting ramen again.

Reine: "Mun... do you get the hint now?" Looking at Reine, and then the ingredients set on the table back and fourth a few times, I was still quite confused. However, once I looked back at the table and Reine again, she is currently eating a cream puff as my eyes widen. Realization finally hit me as I stared at Reine flabbergasted.

John: "M-Mio...?"

???: "Right behind you." I quickly turned around as I am met face to face with Mio. She is wearing a white dress along with a sun hat resting on top of her head. I looked back where Reine was, however she is nowhere to be seen.

Mio: "My apologies for the rather sudden appearance."

John: "What the bloody hell is even happening right now...?"

Mio: "You are in my personal dimension, and I have a little favor to ask you."

John: "What is it?"

Mio: "Well... do you recall telling me that you're going to show me how to make ramen the next time we see each other again?"

John: "Wait... now?" Mio clasped her hands together, giving me a happy nod.

Mio: "Yep!"

John: "But what about the Comico?"

Mio: "Oh, don't worry! I did my research already! You should have enough time to head there after you finish teaching me!"

John: "...Okay, if you say so..."

Mio: "So where do we start first?"

John: "Well let's see..." I begin teaching Mio step by step on how to make ramen slowly which includes the making of the broth, seasonings, flavors, etc. For most of the steps, she is able to replicate perfectly as if she already knows how to make it. Once I finished showing Mio how to make the broth however, the difficult part is making noodles fresh by hand. I've seen how Miku make the ramen noodles, she made it look really easy. I on the other hand attempted this many times, yet I still unable to perfect this trick. Making ramen from scratch does require time, patience, and a fair amount of effort after all. Once I finished demonstrating, or at least tried to show Mio how to make the noodles from scratch, it's her turn to make the noodles.

Honestly, I felt bad since I still lacked the skill to make the noodles from scratch, worrying I might've taught Mio the wrong way to make ramen noodles. However, Mio caught me by surprise by making the noodles perfectly as if she have done this many times before.

Mio: "Okay, I finished! How does it look?" Comparing the noodles I made between Mio's, it was obvious who made it better. I'm just left speechless...

John: "You did better than mines."