Chapter 36 - Loss

John's PoV

Currently, I am out with Tohka since both of us did not ate anything today. I am also seeing if Natsumi is impersonating Tohka since she is disguised as one of the people Shido and I know on the pictures she provided.

John: "Where should we go eat?"

Tohka: "Anywhere you like."

John: "Then how about an all you can eat buffet?"

Tohka: "Sure, if that's where you would like to go. I'll come with you!"

I then looked around for an all you can eat buffet until I eventually found it. I then went in alongside Tohka.

Waiter: "Welcome, how many?"

John: "Two people please."

Waiter: "Right over here." The waiter gestures the both of us to sit at the closest table with two seats."

After getting our seats, I then got up to grab a plate and pick whenever food I want as Tohka does the same. After picking the food of our choice, we then sat back down on the table. I noticed Tohka picked a smaller portion than she normally eats.

John: "Tohka, what's with the small portion? You normally eat a larger portion than this."

Tohka: "Oh... I saw this show on TV, if a woman eats more than a man, they would be considered unattractive..."

I let out a sigh.

John: "Tohka, not everything you see on TV is true. I honestly don't mind if you eat more than me."

Tohka: "R-really?"

John: "Yeah, in fact. You should definitely be proud of yourself for being able to eat a lot. This is an all you can eat buffet after all. So feel free to eat as much as you want. Here, I'll let you have my plate too."

I passed the plate to Tohka as she looks at me in concern.

Tohka: "Are you sure you want to give this to me?"

John: "I'll be fine, I can get more food if I want. Please enjoy."

Tohka: "Okay!"

Tohka then quickly eats the food off of both her and my plate as she finishes in less than a minute.

John: "That was really quick Tohka."

Tohka: "They we're so delicious!"

John: "If you keep this up, Kaguya might end up challenging you to a eating contest." I said in a joking tone.

Tohka: "I can beat her no problem. You watch!"

John: "Heh, of course you will Tohka. I don't think anyone can beat you on a eating competition."

I gave Tohka a pat on the head as she gives me her innocent smile.

John: "Let's go get more food."

Tohka: "Yes!"

The both of us continues to eat until the time is almost up. Tohka managed to finished at least fifteen large plates while I ate thirteen whole plates of food. After finishing, we then ate desserts. Mines is a simple flan. Tohka on the other hand, is a large banana boat.

Tohka: "John, you should try this! It tastes so good!"

I only opened my mouth as a response as Tohka spoon fed me a good portion of the banana boat. I gave her a thumbs up afterwards.

After finishing our desserts, I paid for the bill before walking Tohka back home.

Tohka: "I really love the buffet! Let's go there again next time!"