Chapter 47 - A Little Shopping Spree

John's PoV

It's been about a week since the incident with Shido, right now, I'm currently waiting inside a medical facility as Shido is being examined by Reine in order to make sure his powers are stable. While waiting, Kaguya is currently changing the bandages from the wound I received from Shido. You may wonder, shouldn't Kurumi be changing them instead? Well a few days after the incident with Natsumi's mother, Kurumi told me she had to resume with her personal business.

Flashback

John: "You're going now?"

Kurumi: "As much as I love to stay with you guys, I still have some unfinished personal business to do."

John: "Okay, just be careful okay? I think Natsumi is starting to look at you as a mother figure now."

Kurumi: "I'm flattered~ if she asks, just tell Natsumi I'll be going on a little vacation and will be back soon~"

John: "Alright."

Kurumi: "And John..."

John: "Yeah?"

Kurumi: "Change your bandages every now and then..."

John: "I will."

Kurumi: "Good..." We gave each other a hug.

Kurumi: "See you soon."

John: "See you Kurumi." Kurumi then leaves via the shadow.

Present

John: "Thanks Kaguya."

Kaguya: "No problem. It's the least I could do for you."

John: "Still, I appreciate it."

Kaguya: "I still can't believe you took a giant sword to your shoulder just like that. That must've been really painful."

John: "Compared to the injuries I sustained before in the past, this is almost nothing new to me."

Kaguya: "What!? You can't be for real!"

John: "Would you believe me if I took a large caliber round to the same shoulder a while ago?"

Kaguya: "...I rather not."

Kaguya continues to wrap a couple more layers of bandages around my shoulder. After applying the bandages, she passed me my shirt as I put it on afterwards. The door opens soon after revealing Shido.

John: "So what are the results?"

Shido: "I'm fine, the powers are stable. Although I would need a few more checkups just to be sure. I'll have another checkup next week."

John: "That's great to hear."

Shido looks at my shoulder as he lets out a sigh.

Shido: "John... about that wound..."

John: "It's alright Shido, that person wasn't you."

Shido: "But still, I felt really bad..."

John: "Then if you really want to make up for it, how about treating me ramen tonight?" This earns a light chuckle from the young man.

Shido: "Sure, I'll treat you."

John: "So Kaguya, are you going to get a checkup too?"

Kaguya: "Yeah, I should probably go do that now. I'll see you soon John."

John: "Yeah, see you Kaguya."

Kaguya held out her fist as I returned the gesture by giving her a fistbump, afterwards she goes to the medical room for Reine to give her a checkup. Not soon after, the door opens revealing the other spirits. Upon seeing Yuzuru, I smiled as she does the same, immediately embracing each other. Once we broke the hug, Natsumi does the same afterwards before giving her a pat on the head.