Chapter 8:Heartbroken

Erica

I couldn't believe that my mom would say something like this. What she said sent me off the edge. How dare she try to accuse me of something I didn't do? She knew that I would not do such a thing, but she agreed to it because he is my mate.

Does she know what he has done to me? She should know what had warranted my doing so.

"Don't talk to your mom like that, young lady," my dad said in a deep, baritone voice that carries authority.
I felt myself wanting to submit to his voice, but I was able to override his tone.

"You should know what he did before questioning me." If it were you, what would you do? I know you would do worse than I did.

"How would you feel if my dad was telling someone that he loved her and not only that you were there?" How would you feel if my dad had wanted to reject you the instant he met you because of the so-called girl he loved? What would you do? "You can't understand a thing because you haven't experienced it," I yelled at her, and I stormed out of the room in anger.

I almost pushed Victoria away, but she happened to see it coming.

I walked into my room, and I closed the door with a loud bang behind me. I locked the door with tears dripping down my face. I close my eyes, letting the tear drop down slowly. I could taste the salty liquid in my mouth, and I knew that it was my tears.

My heart was in pain as this was happening. I could feel my eyes getting cloudy due to the tears that were blocking my view. I felt my throat become dry. Most people might think that I'm as strong as I portrayed myself, and I am. I am strong in many places, but with my family, I feel weak.

I'm jovial with my parents and friends, and most especially, I can't bear to argue with my parents, and when I do, I go directly to my room. I will cry for hours, and I won't talk to anyone. I have been trying to get rid of this habit, but it isn't working. I don't want people to know that I cry whenever I have a serious argument with my parents, especially the pack members. I knew that they would think I'm weak and all sorts of things, and I'm not ready to let them think lowly of me.

I have always wished to have a lovely and caring partner, but that changed the moment I met him. All my anger and frustration were directed at him because he doesn't want me. I wanted him, and I knew that there was no way he was going to approve of me, but I knew there was nothing I could do.

It has been hours now since I was in my room, and by the time I left my room, it was night time. I have made up my mind to apologize to my friend. I'll let him go since he doesn't want me. I knew that keeping him here was not going to do me any good. I knew that he wasn't happy here, and I'll let him go after he recovers from the effects of the cold room. I'll let him go so peace can reign.

I'll choose a worthy person who can rule alongside me. I'm not going to let the person into my life.

I walked toward the room where he was kept, and I saw my mother seated on the chair. She stood up immediately when she saw me enter the room, and I looked away from her with guilt in my eyes.

My eyes caught sight of Jerome, who was laying peacefully on the bed. I could tell that I had done him something bad, which I felt guilty of. I feel guilty for making him like this. I knew I was responsible, and it only increased the guilt I was feeling.

My heart was thrown into a feast of sadness, knowing that I had made a terrible mistake. I'm ready to let bygones be bygones. I'll let him go, and I'll focus on the bright future.

"Sorry for what I said earlier," my mom apologized, and I rolled my eyes. I knew that this was going to happen after I told them what he did.

I have always cried whenever I knew that nobody knew what I was going through, and when I did, I felt angry. My anger with my parents always comes with tears, which they don't know about.