Chapter 66

Jerome

It has been weeks now since the incident happened. I have been developing more feelings for Erica, and things were moving smoothly like I have always wanted. I was now officially dating Erica. The incident that happened that day had made the two of us closer than we might think. I could see the way she was moved by what had happened that day, she had thought that she lost me.

She was heartbroken but she was glad that I didn't die. We have moved on from the incident but I have been training hard to be sure that something like that does not happen again. I don't want to put Erica's life in danger. Her life was in danger that night because I let her do what I was supposed to do. She would have died that day if I didn't interfere as quickly as I could. Things would have gotten bad if I had not interfered, and I also knew that all that wouldn't have happened if I had done what I needed to do.

I should have been the one who was torturing the man but I was too weak emotionally and physically. That did not only put me at disadvantage but also put Erica's life in danger. I have promised myself to make sure that nothing of such happens again. I would do everything in my power to save Erica from any harm.

I have been training hard with Erica's father, and I must comment that he is doing a great job. He had made things easier. He made everything easier for him, and I'm catching up with things. He has always made sure that I'm comfortable with his mode of training, and I'm in no way exposed to any harm.

Everything seems to be moving smoothly and I'm getting used to the pack. I don't in any way feel like this isn't the pack that I was born from. I feel like everything is like it is supposed to be. I feel happy and content to be with my mate and her family. They all treated me like I'm one of them that I hardly feel like I am an orphan.

I am glad for everything that is happening to me. I knew with no doubt that it was a blessing for me to be brought to this pack, and I regretted everything that I had said to Erica when she brought me to her pack. I feel like her pack is my home, I feel safe around everyone here.

Here I am sweating heavily while walking back to my room. My room had been moved to the one next to Erica's, Erica was afraid that what happened the other day might occur again and she doesn't want me to be hurt. I feel the need to keep loving her, and whenever I set my eyes on her it was always like I have been love drowned. Things had been moving smoothly and there was nothing different.

I walked into my room with a smile on my face. Tonight Erica and I are having a date in the woods, and I have to set everything before she returns. It was evening already but there is still enough time for me to set everything up. I informed Samuel about it and he had helped me with all the things I needed. I was glad for that but he was busy so he had sent someone to drop it at the location.

I would have to set everything there by myself and I see no harm in that. I knew that there is no way I would set it that I won't remember me doing the exact same thing when I was at my old pack. I would always remember me doing that, I would always remember me being infatuated with Mabel. I would always remember all the unreasonable acts that I had taken when I was in my old pack and when I first met Erica.

I walked under the shower to have a cold bath and I walked out of the bathroom after a while with a towel tied on my waist. Water was dripping down my hair. I sighed softly as my body dried, not excluding my hair. I wore my clothes and I walked out of my room to set the things I would be needing for the date.

After an hour I was done with the preparations and I was glad I told Erica about the date we were having tonight beforehand. I walked back home and headed toward my room to get ready for the date. It was getting dark already and Erica had returned home. I remind Erica about the date even though I knew that she can't forget something like that. I knew that the dates we go on are precious to her just like it is to me.

I made my way out of my room, and walked into Erica's room without knocking. I knew that she would have been done with what she was doing since I took a lot of time while trying to make myself look presentable.

I was shocked to know that she wasn't done, and she was still in the bathroom. I walked out of her room with a frown on my face knowing that it would take a long time for her to be done. I stood at the door impatiently waiting to hear the sound of the door opening but I didn't. I knew that it would take a long time for her to get dressed.

"I will be in my room waiting for you," I yelled as I opened the door. I knew that she would hear me and that there was no way she would say she didn't hear me.

It has been hours since I have been waiting in my room. I had thought that she would be in my room as quickly as possible but she isn't. I knew that there is no way she wouldn't have been done with whatever she was doing.

I stood up and walked out of my room. I knocked on her door gently, not daring to open the door knowing that she might still be naked. I knew that it wouldn't be good for me to enter her room without knocking. I knew that I had entered her room without knocking the door but I thought that she would have been done. I knew that I might enter her room, and find out she isn't done.

"Come in, the door is not locked," I heard her say and I reluctantly opened the door.

My mouth was wide as I saw her on the bed while fondling her hands. I couldn't believe that she was done all this while and didn't come to my room.

"What!! You are done but you didn't bother to come to my room" I exclaimed while staring at her with my finger pointed at her.

"Do you expect me to come to your room, last I remember you are supposed to come get me. I finished dressing up hours ago," she said and I stared at her with shock.

"But... I thought I told you to come to my room after you are done, you don't expect me to stay at the door forever" I said as I stared at her.

"You would have stayed in your room if I didn't come to check up on you," I said again and she smiled at me before nodding her head slowly.

My eyes went round with shock as my eyes caught sight with the window. It was dark already, and her room was being illuminated by the lamp which was in her room.

"I would have stayed all night waiting for you to come to my room, I was expecting you to come sooner, and I'm glad you are here" she said, staring at me with a smirk.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰