Chapter 85

Erica

Flashback

"You think things are working the way you want right? You don't have to worry. I have consumed some poison even if you don't kill me I will die eventually. You should take killing me as an opportunity for you to get back at me" Mabel said to me with a smirk on her face.

"What do you know all this would happen and you still proceeded with the plan. You want to hurt the person that you have been with for long without battling and eyelash" I said, staring at her in disbelief and she chuckled.

"He hurt me by not considering my feelings, he will pay for that and you should worry less also, because I will make him turn his back at you" Mabel said to me and I stared at her confusedly.

I was shocked to know that even after everything she doesn't feel remorseful about all that she had done. I wasn't happy with that but I knew that there was no way I would be able to get my revenge on her. She had everything planned out, she knew there was no way I'm not going to kill her today. She knew that I would have no choice but to go as she had planned. I knew that there was no way I would be able to stop myself from killing her.

"I will kill you and your plans won't work" I said with a stern look on my face as I stared at her.

Flashback Ended

"She was only trying to wedge a breakup between the both of us, she wanted us to be apart for the person who sent her to kill you to be able to take you down" I said to Jerome and he stared at me with a shocked look on his face.

"No that can't be true, Mabel can't do such a thing. She would never do that, she isn't possibly do that. You are only trying to find an excuse for your behavior" Jerome said as he stared at me with a surprised look on his face.

I knew for a fact that he wouldn't believe me but I knew not to push him further. I knew that Mabel had won him over and that he wouldn't believe any word of mine.

"Do you think I have any reason to lie to you, you can believe what you want but that won't change the truth. It won't change the truth that Mabel almost had you killed and that shs was only doing what she was doing she wanted you dead" I said with grimace.

"You don't think that will make me believe you," Jerome replied and I chuckled. I knew that there was no way he was going to believe me and I knew that things won't add up the way I want.

"I don't care whether you believe me or not but that is the truth. You can't hide from the truth" I said to him and with that I walked out of his room.

"You said you have known the identity of the person who was after me all this while" I heard him ask when I got to the door. I stopped walking and I turned to look at him with a small smile on my face.

I had thought that it would take me a while to be able to get him back to his old self but I was shocked to know that he would believe me easily. I knew that the mate bond must be the one responsible for that, and I was glad for it.

"The person is Alpha Otis, the man who had directed the duel" I said and he stared at me with a raised eyebrow.

"That explains why she came to me before the duel could go further, she told me to quit but I told her I can't. She must have been sent by him" Jerome explained and I nodded my head as I started thinking of what to do.

"She must have been informed by him to come get you to stop fighting in the duel" I said to him and he nodded his head slowly.

I knew that it must be hard for him to know he was betrayed by his best friend who he had once considered his lover. I knew that I should be happy about all that was happening since Mabel is no more but I'm not. I wasn't happy with the fact that my mate was almost killed by his best friend.

"Things would be better now since we have known our enemy, all we need to do now is to find a perfect plan to outrun our enemy. We won't alert him that we know of his identity already" I said to Jerome who nodded his head.

"I will do everything needed so you don't have to worry. We will be going on a trip in two weeks time" I said to him and he stared at me with a raised eyebrow.

I knew that he was confused about what we were going to do. I knew that he might find it hard to trust me but I was hoping that the mate bond we shared would make that possible.

"We will be going there undercover, Alpha Otis would think that was a perfect plan to abduct me and that is because I will send him a letter with another person's identity" I started and I could see the look of disbelief on his face.

"I will send him a letter with the identity of an alpha to him, I would make him believe that I'm in love with alpha Erica (me) and I will propose we work together. He would agree, I will feed him some information and you will have to get caught in others for the plan to work. I will then come to the place where you are being held hostage after I had killed all the guards there replacing them with my men. He will wait for me at the place and then I will kill him for abducting you" I said and he stared at me with a shocked expression on his face.

"I won't be going with your plans, I won't let you kill me. You want to get me killed with your stupid plan and you think I will go with your plan" Jerome voiced out as he stood up from where he was seated with an angry look on his face.

I knew that he wouldn't want to trust me on this and I was hoping that it wouldn't take him long. I knew that I can't just attack the leader of the werewolf council based on what Mabel had said.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰

Claiming The Hidden Alpha✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें