Chapter 39

Jerome

Having to know I might not survive the fight made things worse for me. The words that Erica said to me last night were still ringing in my head. It was almost morning but I was still stuck in the training room with a worried expression on my face. I feel worried that I might not be able to get things back to normal. I knew that it won't be easy for me to win the duel and not only that I feel scared. I feel really scared that I might lose Erica to another person, I feel scared that I might not be able to win the duel and thereby make her to be mated to another person.

I knew that anyone in my shoes would have forfeit the duel and leave, and this was because I wasn't gonna to fight only an alpha but I'm going to fight as many people as I can. I knew that there would be a lot of people who wanted to compete with me to be her mate and I knew that I might not be able to win against them. I knew that I would be made a laughing stock in the pack if I was to forfeit the match and not only that, if I was to lose the match the same fate awaits me. There is no difference but I'm not going to sit down like a coward and watch my fate get decided by a duel.

I knew that there was literally no way I would watch and do nothing. I would do anything to make sure things turn to my favor. I knew that Erica is also going to do the same thing I'm going to do if she was in the same shoes as I am now. I knew that all I should do now is focus on what's in front of me and make sure that I have no distractions while fighting in the duel but I was worried about how things would turn out to be. I was worried that I would be given no chance to be with my mate. I have made up my mind to appeal to the councils to let me be my mate if I was to fail in the duel.

I knew that they might consider helping me be with my mate after seeing how sincere I am, and because there would be lots of eyes watching. I can clearly remember that the place has been set for whatever that might happen and not only that the arena where the duel would take place. The duel was made to be a day, and I couldn't help but wonder if I would ever get the chance to rest.

I knew that I would need to get enough rest to get myself together after a fight and that will take me a lot of time but it seems like that won't be happening because I might not get the chance to rest. I knew that I would have to keep on training even if it would take a lot of time. I knew that if I get addicted to the training with no rest. I knew that if I wasn't able to do that then I wouldn't be able to win the fight because it might be a lot more difficult than we had thought.

I sighed heavily as I kept on punching the bag which was in front of me. My hands were hurting but I never stopped because I knew that things would be harder than this. I knew that the more I pampered myself the more it would be hard for me to win the duel. I won't want to lose the chance of being with my mate to another person because of my carelessness.

My face hardened and I kept on punching the bag while picturing it to be alpha Stephen's face. I knew that it wouldn't be easy for me to hit Alpha Stephen's face as I hit frequently but I wasn't phased by it. I would make sure I overcome my fear of losing my mate with the hope and intention that I'm the winner of tomorrow's duel. I knew that a lot of people had faith in me that I would be the winner of the duel. Erica was one of the people and same with her parents. They have trust in me that I would be able to win the duel and be their daughter's mate.

I knew that they wouldn't be happy if they saw me run away like a coward, and would be angry with me for forfeiting the match. I knew they would think that I was only after the fame behind being with their daughter. Everyone would be convinced with that and I hope that the councils would see that I wasn't after fame or wealth. I knew that I would be disappointed if I was to lose because I won't be able to look at people's faces. I knew I would be taunted severely for losing, and Erica won't be able to forgive me. I knew that she isn't someone who forgives easily.

I don't want people to see me as a coward. I knew that if I was to lose the fight and I still became her mate then things won't be good. I would have taunted all over the pack for my inabilities. I knew that they would want to mock me for not being able to win the duel and they would say I'm not capable of ruling the pack. I knew they might say that I won't be able to lead the pack alongside Erica. I knew they would say I cheated my way to become Erica's mate. I don't like rumors going around about me.

I won't be myself anymore with all the rumors and I might end up trying to sort things out and I might complicate things even more.

I was still training and I was so engrossed in the training that I didn't know when it was morning again. Sweets were dripping down my body and all I could think of at that moment was a way to win the duel. I wasn't cautious of my environment that I didn't know when Erica's father entered the room. My whole body was filled with sweats that one would think that I just finished having my shower without knowing that I didn't. I knew that sweating doesn't mean that I would be able to beat the Alpha's. I knew that I performed woefully while fighting Erica but I was ready to make sure I put up a real tough fight against the Alpha's.

I knew that Erica might be holding back because she doesn't fight like she was expected to do. I knew that she wasn't ready to fight me like she can do to anybody. I knew that it must have been hard to put up a great fight even though I was her mate. I knew it wasn't an easy thing but she managed to get that done. I was also unable to fight pretty well like I should have but I didn't but after being punched by her it was like the switch holding me from fighting her was broken. I attacked her without a second thought. I kept on doing that on impulse and I kept getting beaten by him.

I knew that she might have tricked me but she was only trying to make me learn some new things that might help me in the duel. I was engrossed in punching the bag that I didn't know when Erica's father sat on a stool at the corner of the room where he had always taught me how to fight. I knew that his skills might come in handy for me and I'm not going to let any of the skills he taught me go unused.

"I can see that you are so engrossed in what you are doing," I heard Erica's father say all of a sudden, and I turned to look at him with fear not knowing how he entered the place without me knowing.

"Good morning Stephen," I greeted him and he sighed heavily as he stared at me from head to toe. He had a satisfactory look on his face after he was done looking at me, and I would have said he was checking me out if he was a girl. The way he stared at me looked creepy that I almost jumped out of my skin.

"Don't tell me you have been busy all night, training?" he asked, staring at me curiously and I sighed heavily before replying.

"Yes, I guess so" I replied with an unsure look in my eyes.

"You need to take some rest but I doubt if that would happen, but you can still have your bath and after that you can return for your training, you stinks" Stephen said and I rolled my eyes.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰