Chapter 19: I Don't Care

Erica

I couldn't believe all that he said, and all I felt at that moment was anger. I was angry that all I wanted to do was punch him to death. I knew there was nothing I could do in front of my parents. I knew they wouldn't like the idea of me yelling back at him, and I don't want Victoria and her mate or the warrior who told his mate about it to see what I do or say to him. I knew that it might be rumored later, and I don't want such a thing to happen again.

after making sure that the warriors were to be dealt with by Victoria and her mate and that my parents were out of his room. I walked towards the room, barging, and there I met him seated on the bed with a towel tied around his waist. I could see water dripping down his hair. I suddenly felt all the anger I had earlier vanish. I couldn't say a thing because I felt my feet go jelly. I had to remind myself why I was in his room.

"Who did you think you were?" Someone with whom you can get away with everything You don't seem to know what I'm capable of; you don't seem to know that I'm the leader of this pack. What you said can warrant your death wish for disrespecting an alpha. "You are nothing but a piece of thrash," I shouted angrily, with fire blazing in my eyes. All I wanted at that moment was to punch him until he died, but I had to restrain myself.

"You think that the whole world revolves around you. I wanted to clear my name of being the person responsible for what had happened, but you still said I was the one responsible even after seeing all this evidence. "You are nothing but an animal," I shouted angrily.

"What you don't understand is that I know you are responsible for this; you brought him here as an excuse, and how I know that you are responsible is that you went to find him and you returned here shortly." "I wouldn't have been here if you hadn't bundled me here against my own wishes," he said, and I felt my heart ache. I knew he was right about my bringing him here without his consent, but I had thought that we would work things out between us. He turned his back to look out the window. I saw something on his back that looked like a tattoo, but a weird one. I wasn't interested in knowing what the tattoo was because I was angry, and all I could think of was my anger toward him.

I thought that he was bluffing about being engaged to someone until I saw how dead serious he was about it. I had brought him to my pack without asking the alpha about his being engaged. I had thought that they were nothing serious until now.

"I don't care about all that anymore; you can leave my pack whenever you want." "I won't force you to stay; you can even leave today," I said angrily, with anger visibly written in my tone, and I walked out of the room. I knew what I had said wasn't what I wanted, but there was nothing I could do about it. I feel hurt that my friend said something like this to me. He almost called me a monster. I'll do everything in my power to make sure that he leaves this country as soon as possible.

I walked into my room with a frown on my face. I wasn't happy with the development, but there was nothing I could do about it. All I want is to exact my revenge on him, but I have made up my mind to stay away from him. I don't want anything to do with him.

I sat on my bed with a sad and gloomy face. I buried my face in my lap while reminiscing on what had happened between us. I couldn't help but think of what would become of me. I don't know what would happen if he went to his finance. What would I do? I was hurt to know he had a fiancee, but seeing that he is ready to go to any length to keep her safe made me jealous. I could feel all the pain in my heart erupting, and a few lone tears escaped my eyes.

My eyes were red, and all I could think of was telling us what to do. I knew I needed to find a way out of this mess, and I guess the only way that can happen is if I can go back to being my normal self. I knew it was the only way to save me some stress. I knew that having to go back to my old self would make me worry less about my mate being with someone else, and not only that, it is the only way that would make me more sane. I knew that if I started wallowing in what had happened, I'd go nowhere. I'll make no progress at all.

I walked into the bathroom and took a cold shower before walking into my room.

***************

I woke up due to the sound of my alarm, and I sighed heavily while using my finger to rub my eyes gently. A frown was etched on my face as I sat up. I shut the alarm off using my hand. I stretched my body and walked into the bathroom to have my bath. I walked out of the bathroom with a towel tied around my waist. I applied lotion to my body and wore my clothes. I walked out of my room with a cold look on my face. I walked towards the pack's dining hall, and I walked towards my seat.

I ignored the greetings of the pack members. I watched as they served the food, and I was the first person to be served the food. I had always had my meal in my room since my mate arrived, but now I'm back to my old routine. I'll make sure that nothing goes wrong. I need to act like I have no mate since my mate doesn't want to be with me. I took the first spoon, and the other pack members followed suit before chatting with themselves. I leave the dining hall, and I am met by Victoria and Samuel, who are on their way to their office.

"Good morning, Alpha," they both chorused.

"Good morning," I replied without expression. I had a straight face, just like I always do. They both knew that I'm not in the mood for chatting, and they didn't say anything. They followed me quietly.

"Samuel, bring me those files you told me I needed to see last week," I said to Samuel.

"I'll bring them to your office," Samuel said with his head bowed slightly.

Soon I reached my office, and they both went to theirs. I sat on the chair in my office, and I saw the heaps of files I needed to check. I knew that my absence from my office was what caused all this.

I took one of the files from the table and started going through it. I read through all the letters and did the necessaries. I took another one, and I was going through it when I heard a knock on the door. I lifted my head from the file I was reading, and I saw it was Samuel.

"Come in," I said, and he entered my office.

"This is the file you requested for," he said, and I sighed heavily, looking from the files on the table to the ones in his hands.

"Drop it on the table," I said, and he dropped the files on the table. I went back to reading the files in my hand, but I stopped after a while. I raised my head up, and I saw Samuel still in my office.

"What is wrong?" "Spill it," I said to Samuel, and he sighed heavily while fidgeting with his fingers.

"I want to ask a question," he said with nervousness on his face, and I knew whatever he wanted to ask wasn't going to sit well with me, but I'm curious to know what it is.

"You can go ahead," I said and sighed heavily.

"Alpha, what have you done about your mate's matter? I can give you some suggestions and see how it works out." He said, and I stared at him with confusion written in my eyes.

"I have decided to move on with my life; what suggestions do you want to give me?" I asked. I knew that wanting to know about it might hurt my feelings, but I still wanted to hear it out.

"If you want to know if he has feelings for you or his girlfriend, you will have to make him jealous." "His reactions would tell if he had feelings for you," he said, and I stared at him with shock on my face.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active her than ever. Like every day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰