Chapter 63

Erica

I was asleep in my room when I suddenly felt a thug in my heart. I was now awake but I didn't stand up. I was ignoring the erring feeling I was having in my body. I stared around the place with a frown on my face.

I knew that I was deep asleep but how I can wake up now is something I don't understand. I feel like there is something going on. I feel some weird feelings in my gut. I was feeling uncomfortable and I stood up immediately while removing the duvet from my body.

I could feel pains in my heart, and I knew with no doubt that something is definitely going on with Jerome. I feel like he is in danger, and I could hear his fear, and I could also smell the dangers which were lingering in the air.

I tried to ignore it but I couldn't. It was like the feeling was stuck to my mind and hearing. I knew that I had to check up on him to be sure that he was alright, and with that I stood up from my bed and I headed toward his room. A frown was plastered on my face immediately I heard the sounds of things crashing, and the smell of rogues.

My eyes were filled with shock , not knowing what to do or say. I felt my body stiffens. I knew that he was in danger and I was glad that I got here on time. I knew that he might have no chance against them since he hasn't mastered his powers. I knew that the rogues must have known about it. I opened the door to his room immediately I got to his room, and I was shocked with what I saw.

I saw Jerome being held down by some rogues, and one of them who seems to be their leader has a sword in his hands which had blood dripping down. I knew that that blood belonged to Jerome, and I stared at his arm to see that he had a cut on his hand.

No one noticed my presence until I dashed toward the man who seemed to be their leader. I wanted to decapitate the head of the leader but I ended up burying my claws into the heart of one of the rogues who took the blow for their leader. They were not aware of my presence and I stared at them waiting for the best opportunity to attack. I could see the rogues clenching onto Jerome's hand who was trying to break free from their grasp.

They all turned their attention to me but those who were holding the hands of Jerome still held on tightly with fear. They were literally shaking as they stared at me but they tried hard to mask it.

"You should leave when you still have the chance," I said calmly while scrutinizing my eyes as I stared at them with a hint of anger.

I was trying to control myself after seeing the blood of my mate, it was like a twig snap and I almost lost control of myself. I knew that if I was to act based on my anger then things won't go as I want. I knew that I might get hurt while trying to fight them off irrationally.

"Look who's talking, you are outnumbered and will get hurt. I will advise you to leave now before you get hurt '' one of them said and they all laughed.

"Okay, I will leave just like you have said" I said and with that I turned to leave.

I knew that they might have thought that I was leaving, and I knew that I'm at advantage because they do not know that I'm the alpha of this pack. I glanced at Jerome and I could see the look of shock which was morphed on his face. I knew that he wasn't expecting me to leave him alone in the hands of the rogues.

I signaled to him to free himself while I attacked them unexpectedly. They had all turned to look at Jerome after seeing how intimidated I was when they talked to me. I charged at them unexpectedly releasing my alpha's auras. They were surprised at that but before they could retaliate Jerome and I were fighting them. They were in shock to even have the chance to attack us. After a few minutes there was only one of them left and the person seemed to be their leader.

"Who sent you?" I asked while staring at their rogue's leader who chuckled.

"I will rather die than tell you who sent us," the rogue's leader replied and I smiled while staring at him.

"By the time I'm done with you, you will regret ever messing with me" I replied and with that I carried him while walking toward the direction of the pack's house with anger written vividly in my eyes.

"Where are you taking him to?" Jerome asked while walking behind me as he tried to keep up with my pace but I didn't reply.

"Somewhere he will regret going to, he will have no choice other than to answer my questions, he will be begging me by the time I'm done with him" I said with a look of seriousness in my eyes. I knew for a fact that there is no way the rogue won't tell me who sent him after I'm done with this.

I knew that it was likely that the rogues were sent from Alpha Ryder. I knew he wasn't happy with the fact that Jerome won against him. I knew that I might be wrong with the accusations but I wanted to confirm it. I knew that it wouldn't be good if I accused him without evidence.

I knew that what the head council had told me yesterday about Alpha Ryder working for him is right but I doubt if Alpha Ryder would work hand in hand with someone who wanted to help my mate. I knew that alpha Ryder isn't someone who can easily be swerved in by someone. I knew that there must be something going on between the both of them but I have no say in it. There is no way I will say I'm suspecting the head council. I knew that no one would support me.

Everyone would think I have gone insane and no one would want to have anything to do with me. I knew that those who would support me are no other people than those who know me. I knew that my parents would support me and the same with my beta and gamma. They all know that Alpha Ryder isn't someone who should be trusted easily because he is someone who does things that one doesn't think of and I knew he must be the one who sent the rogues.

I knew that I might know or have the hunch that he was the one but I won't stand unless I have concrete evidence.

"You better start talking now," I said as the rogue smiled at me with a smirk on his face.

"None of this would work, you will be wasting your time," I heard him say and I smirked at him evilly knowing that he won't be able to withstand it.

I knew that no one who had been able to hold him or herself against my torture, and I knew that he wouldn't be excluded.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰