Chapter 81

Erica

It came as a huge shock to me to know that it was Alpha Otis that was behind it all. I knew that I should have been expecting all this before, but I didn't see it coming. I knew that I would be shocked if I found out who was responsible, but I was way more shocked than I thought. I knew that I had a hunch that he might be the one, but I didn't expect it to be this soon. I had thought that since he was the head of the council, he wouldn't be the one.

I stared at Mabel with my mouth wide open, not knowing what to do or say to her. I knew that things didn't go as I wanted and that they might continue this way. I knew that he wasn't the only one who would be after Jerome. I knew that he would have some of the council members and some of the alphas backing him up. I felt like there was something hidden from both of us, and I knew that there would have to be a secret behind what the head of the council was doing. I knew that there would have to be a secret regarding Jerome being attacked constantly by the head of the council.

I knew that there was no way he would be attacked without any reason. I knew that the reason might be connected to his being a ; I knew that the council leader would know who he was and how powerful he might be, which would endanger Jerome's life.

I knew that things weren't going smoothly after I discovered that the head council was responsible for all that had been happening. My eyes were filled with different emotions, not knowing what to say or do.

"You don't have to worry; I will do just as he wants." You should not have taken it upon yourself to hurt my mate. "You have made a terrible mistake by doing that," I said as I stared at her bitterly and angrily.

I still wasn't able to wrap my head around what had been happening recently. It was like things were getting dirtier than I thought. I feel like the council leader has something to do with Jerome's inability to regain his memory. I knew that I would have to take things slowly, and that's what I'm going to do. I will make sure that things don't get out of hand.

I knew that I would have to focus on one thing at a time. I will have to do things equally and then worry about what will happen next. I knew that I would have to come up with a new strategy. I stared at Mabel, knowing that she was being used as a pawn and a sacrifice. I knew that the head of the council knew about this, but he decided to go ahead with it. I sighed heavily as I stared at her, knowing that there was nothing I could do to help or save her.

I knew that she had chosen her path and would have to pay for it. She will pay for every attempt to hurt Jerome. I will make sure that the leader of the werewolf council also pays dearly for that. I will make sure things don't happen like that anymore.

I carried her off the ground, ignoring the emotions I was feeling. I knew that I would have to continue with what the head of the werewolf council wanted, which was to make him think I wasn't aware. I will make sure that no harm befalls Jerome. I will make sure that he is kept safe forever. I knew that I wouldn't be able to bear losing him.

I tried hard to focus on what was going on right now. I tried hard to make things right, and I knew that I would have to use Mabel as a pawn in my own game. I will make sure the head of the werewolf council doesn't have a slight chance of knowing that everything was known to me already. I knew that would force him to change his plans, which I don't want.

I carried her to the pack's square, and I could see the pack members aligned there. They were all waiting patiently for me to come up the podium; my parents and my beta were there also. They were all standing on the podium waiting for what I would do next. I mind-linked the guard to chain her down, and they did. I knew that there was no way she would be able to escape, even without the chain.

Her head was turned upside down, and she was staring directly into the eyes of those who were present. I knew that it would be hard for her to be like this, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to torture her in front of the whole pack, but I knew they would see the evidence of my torture on her.

My whole body was covered with blood, and it was that of Mabel. I knew that those who were present would know that they would be tortured and killed like I would do to Mabel.

"You all are here to witness the trail of a betrayal; she attacked my mate and will suffer the wrath." She had poisoned my friend, and she will pay for it. "The punishment for treason is death; this is to warn those out there who have it in mind to attack my mate," I said with a cold look on my face, knowing that there will still be more of them who want to hurt him.

"This should serve as a warning to you all who want to hurt him; you will end up like her if you try to hurt my mate," I said, and I took a sword from a guard who was standing on the podium.

I walked toward her with a straight face, wanting nothing other than to kill him that minute. I wanted nothing other than revenge, and I knew that people wouldn't have wanted to kill her so soon. I would have wanted to torture her and do more damage to her.

I raised my sword up to stab her, but I stopped after I smelled the scent of blood, and I could feel my heart stop beating. I noticed that the scent of the blood wasn't that of Mabel but that of Jerome.

"Stop," I heard Jerome's voice say, and I froze in shock immediately.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰