Chapter 82

Jerome

It came as a huge shock to me to know that I had been poisoned by Mabel. I knew that she had poisoned me due to the fact that I had broken her heart to be with Erica. I knew I was at fault for that, but I didn't expect her to be this extreme. I had thought that she was just like every other normal person. She had masked her true character all this while, and now she had made everything known to me. I knew that there was nothing I could do about it other than accept all this.

I knew that this could have been avoided if I didn't try to be with Erica, but I have no choice but to be with my mate. I knew that she might think I was doing all this because of Erica's status in the pack, but I'm not. I loved her genuinely, and I will do everything for her. I have never felt this way toward anyone before, but now I do. I knew that all this was nothing compared to the feelings I will have toward Erica after I have marked her.

I felt my heart ache as I groaned in pain while rolling on the bed, not knowing what to do or say. My throat was dry, and all I could think of was drinking water. I knew that she was the one who poisoned me, and that was because of the way she behaved earlier today. I could feel my heart beating rapidly. I stared around the room, trying to figure out where the water was. I knew that there was no way I would be left alone without water. I could feel the state of my body, and I knew that my body was weak.

I feel like I want to apologize to Mabel for what I have done. I feel like this was my own punishment for breaking up with her. I knew that I was at fault because I had reassured her that nothing would happen between my boyfriend and me, but that changed. I knew that she was here to get revenge for that. My eyes were filled with an unknown emotion as I stared at the white ceilings. I could still remember the scenario when she was about to leave. She told me that she has no choice, and when I asked her about it, she replied that she has no choice but to leave early.

I now know what she was trying to say, and I feel myself getting sad about the whole thing. I knew that she had placed her trust in me, but I betrayed it. I knew that if I were her, I would have strangled the person who had promised me all that, but she didn't. She poisoned me, and here I am still alive with nothing wrong with me. I knew that things wouldn't be good, but I have no choice other than to get things done myself. I feel like things will change soon, and I can feel that something is wrong.

I looked around the room, trying to spot the cup of water, and I sighed in relief as soon as I saw it. I felt happy, and I carried the bottle with a shaky hand, and while I was doing that, my hand hit the glass cup that was beside it, falling it down. I knew with no doubt that there would be someone here within minutes to come and check what was going on, but nevertheless, I grabbed the bottle and opened it with shaky hands.

I drank the water from the bottle, and within seconds I was done drinking the entire content of the bottle. I belched as I sighed weakly, wanting to know why anyone wasn't here. I feel like all this has a reason for happening. I knew that the whole infirmary was deserted, and I knew that there was no one here. I feel like they all went somewhere. I staggered up with a deep groan, and I made my way toward the door. I tripped and fell, hitting my head on the iron that was used to hold the bed.

I could feel blood seeping out of my head, and I sighed heavily while staring around the room. I was looking for a bandage and a spirit to take care of the wound on my head.

I walked toward the first-aid box that was in the room and was hanging on the wall. I leaned up as I took the things I would need. I tend to bandage the wound on my head gently, and I was about to do so when I heard the voice of Mabel through the mind-link.

"Please help me; I'm sorry for what I did to you." "It wasn't intentional," she said through the mind-link with a voice filled with panic. My body jolted up hearing her voice, and I felt my heart melt, and all I could think of doing at that moment was to help her. I'm willing to do anything to save her from whatever was happening.

"Please come to the pack's square; Erica is about to kill me," she added in a distressful voice, and I felt my heart stop beating instantly.

I didn't know that Erica would find out what was going on. I had thought that she wouldn't be aware of it. I felt my breath hitch immediately, knowing what Erica was capable of. The pains I was feeling in my body disappeared that instant, and all I could think of was saving her from Erica. I knew that Erica had wanted to kill her due to the fact that she had poisoned me.

"I will be there in a jiffy; you don't have to worry." I will try all my possible best to save you from her," I muttered back, scared, as I made my way out of the room while writhing in pain. Panic shot through my body as I knew that the longer I stalled while trying to get there, the more she would be in danger. I knew that she would be killed soon, and I might be the only one to stop her from killing him. I rushed to the pack's square, not minding the pain that shot through my body.

"Stop!" I shouted with horror as I watched the scene unfold itself. I couldn't believe that she was about to be killed. Erica had raised the sword to kill her, but I was there to stop her just in time.

I could see blood dripping down Mabel's body as her body was torn. I felt my heart squeeze with pain not knowing what to say or do.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰