Chapter 28

Mabel

I have been diagnosed with heart attack because if my weak gene and I wasn't able to heal from it. I never let anyone know about it, Sandra isn't aware of it and with Jerome. I had always wanted us to live peacefully together without our sickness. I knew I should have told him but I didn't want to. I was planning on telling him soon but that changed. I was shocked with the reply I read from the letter that was sent to me by Jerome. I knew that things weren't going to go as planned anymore.

I was told not to do hard jobs but I don't care about it anymore. The alpha was aware of it and has set me free from doing any of the pack works and Sandra was told to be assisting me. I knew that I should have been happy with the way I was being treated by the alpha but I wasn't. All I want is to have a peaceful life with Jerome but it is now shattered and it's all because of Jerome. He had made my old sickness resurface but not only that he had made them appear and this time more worse than before.

"I have told you that this is what he would do at last but you didn't heed to my warnings and advice, you should have known that he can't be faithful to you forever but you didn't listen and now you are sick because of the same reason I had warned you of" Sandra said as she helped me sit on the bed and I sighed heavily while blaming myself for not listening to her. I felt bad that I had to turn deaf ears to my best friend because of him. I had placed so much trust in him that I didn't see any reason or need to worry then knowing that he can never fall in love with her but now the things I dreaded so much had happened and I couldn't do a thing.

I knew that I might not get the chance to change the past but I'm ready to change the present. He had said that all he felt for me was nothing but pity. I knew that he felt pity for me before and I had thought that I turned to love but now he told me that he only pitied me and that's why he did all that. He told me that he can not find the peace and happiness he wanted from me but instead from his mate. I knew that he was right and j I felt like I had been pushing myself on him and I'm ready to change that.

I was wallowing in thoughts when I heard the sound of footsteps and with that I wiped off the tears that had escaped my eyes. I wouldn't want to stress her anymore with my problems. I wouldn't want to cause her trouble. I would make sure I recover as soon as I can and get what I always wanted. I would make sure I get my revenge on him for breaking my heart in a rueful way. I have never had it in mind that I would be left all alone and even if I have I wouldn't have planned it like this.

"Here is your food," I heard Sandra say and I stared at her with a radiant smile on my face. I was glad that I have someone like her that can stand for me while I was sick. I had thought that Jerome is the only one that can stand for me and would never leave my side but I was wrong. I was wrong about it all and I felt bad that I didn't heed to Sandra's advice. I feel like a used and disposed lady who gets dumped by her fiance for another lady. I do not want to lose the feelings of losing a loved one to another person.

I am that food and I feel a little bit relaxed knowing that I have someone who still cares about me here, someone who is willing to be with me at all times. I would forever be grateful for what Sandra had done to me. I knew that there was no other way I could repay her kindness other than to obey whatever she says. I knew that sometimes it would be hard to make some decisions and I would make decisions that are good.

I knew that me having to want revenge won't sit right with Sandra because she doesn't feel my pain. How would you feel if your partner who you have trusted so much breaks your trust? How would you feel if your partner broke off your engagement through a letter? I knew that you would be equally angry as I am now. We have been through thick and thin together but he decided to break my truth for him.

I have made up my mind not to get my revenge and nothing is stopping me and not even Sandra. She might not know what him breaking my heart has done to me but I would show him what it had done to me. I would make sure he atone for all his sins. He would never be spared by me. I would make sure he begged me for what he had done wrong. I knew that I might get hurt in the process of wanting revenge and mostly I might get killed but I'm not giving up so easily.

"I need to go get myself ready for today, I won't want to smell bad while you are seeking good, you might decide to send me away from your presence," Sandra joked as she stood up from where she was seated before leaving the room.

"You can leave, you are free to go. I really appreciate your efforts for today," I said to her and she smiled before waking out of the room not without saying "You are welcome," she said and with that she shut the door behind her. I felt the need to cry immediately. She was out of my room but I had to hold it in. I knew that me behaving like this is all part of what had happened to me.

I knew that it wasn't going to be an easy task to get over Jerome.
I knew that I wasn't truthful with my best friend because I didn't say what was happening to me truthfully to her. I knew that if I had told her about all this that she would have told Jerome about it and I don't want that to happen. I don't want him to pity me again because of my condition.
I was lost in thoughts when I saw the door opened and it turned out to be Sandra. She was panting heavily as she entered the room. She looked worried and I couldn't help but wonder why. I knew that she just left my room some minutes ago but now she is back but she looked worried.

"Sandra, what's happening," I asked while staring at her curiously. I was feeling scared because if her behavior and not only that but because of how she behaved.

"It's Jerome," I heard her said and I frowned my eyes in disgust. I wasn't interested in hearing whatever she has to say but I knew that there was no way I can escape that.

"What's about Jerome?" I question while staring at her.

"A duel had been introduced to all this," I heard her said and I stared at her curiously wanting to know what she was saying but she seems not to be talking.
"Stop speaking in parables," I said and she sighed heavily.

"The councils of werewolf had announced that s duel for who would be Erica's mate and everyone is allow to participate," she said and I felt my heart stopped beating. I couldn't believe what had happened. I couldn't believe the something like this would happen to him. I had thought that he won't be doing it but it seems like he is going to.

"Please bring me some papers," I said to Sandra and she wasted no time in getting that for me. I don't want Jerome to be in any danger or sorts. I knew that this is what I had planned before but not like this. I knew I should be happy but I'm not.

I have wanted to extract my revenge from him but not this way. I wrote the letter to him telling him not to participate in the duel. I told him how dangerous it would be for him to participate since other alpha would be joining the fight. His reply came in shortly but what I saw in the letter made me cry. I knew for a fact that there is nothing I could do to stop him. I feel angry and for the second time I felt the need to kill him immediately but I have no choice but to control my anger.

I felt the anger that had been suppressed by worry surface again and this time it is doubled.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰