Chapter 74

Erica

It came as a shock to me that the werewolf council was involved, and I knew with no doubt that there is no way anyone would believe that, but I knew more than anyone that I can't trust anyone completely. I knew that my trust might get shattered overnight, and I decided to keep my findings secret. I knew that I didn't want to alert the culprit that I had a piece of information and that it would serve as bait to catch the culprit.

I couldn't wrap my head around what had happened, but I knew that the rogue's death would also help with everything. I will make sure that only Jerome and my beta know about my findings. I knew that if it got to the ears of the others, we might not be able to catch the culprit.

"I need you to dispose of the body of the rogue." I said as I mind-linked a Pack warrior to dispose of his body.

I walked out of the place with blood all over my face, and it all belonged to the deceased rogue. My face was stone cold, and I was a bit relieved from the stress of Jerome being in the hospital. My gaze hardened as I made my way toward my room. The thought of Jerome being in the hospital doesn't sit well with me, but there's nothing I can do about it.

I walked into my bathroom and tore off the clothes I was wearing, not having it in mind to wear them again. I knew that if I kept wearing the clothes, they would keep reminding me of the incident that happened today. I sighed heavily as I let the water hit my skin softly, and after a while I took my sponge and scrubbed some soap on it. I scrubbed my body using the sponge.

I sighed softly as I relaxed under the shower while trying to keep myself calm. I knew that my parents would have been waiting for me to give them feedback on what had happened, and I will tell them exactly what they need to know. They should know that a council is involved, and I know that my parents will find ways to sort things out with me. They would help me with everything I need to do.

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel tied around my waist. My eyes were furrowed while thinking of Jerome's condition. I wore my clothes, and I headed toward the place where my parents had told me to meet them. I walked in immediately, and I saw all of them gathered in the room.

They all turned to look at me with a pitiful look on their faces, which I deem unnecessary. I groaned with a hint of anger, as I couldn't stand the pitiful look in their eyes.

"Are you alright?" My mom asked, and I fumbled with the tip of my lips.

"As you can see, I'm fine; let's just get straight to the point." "Is this the reason you requested a meeting at the inn?" I said it arrogantly, not meaning my words, but what had happened made me act like that.

I feel bad about the tone I used when I was talking to her, but I'm not in the right state of mind, and my parents seem to understand, and the same goes for my beta.

The inn is made for private issues that we don't want anyone hearing about or prying into; the inn is somewhere private that only the beta and alpha know about. The inn isn't somewhere known to everyone, and its building can't be seen by anybody since it was built under the ground like a dungeon. There was a room that could be used to access the room, but the room was hidden behind a cupboard that had weird writing on its wall.

One would have to do everything required for everything to open up, and it wasn't noticeable to anyone since the cupboard had books that were arranged in it.

"Let's get straight to the point; I would like to know more about all that has happened," my dad said, and I nodded my head, knowing I had no choice other than to tell them all that had happened.

"Jerome was attacked some weeks ago by some rogues, and I was there to save him from the hands of the rogues." I didn't take that seriously, and I forgot about planning for what could happen. "I did think that nothing would happen to him or that we would be attacked," I explained with a pause as I stared at them, wanting to be sure I had their undivided attention.

"I had tortured the rogue who was caught by me, and it turned out that he was sent by a member of the council of the werewolf, and the rogue killed himself without telling me the full details," I said, and I could see their eyes morph into those of a shocked person.

"This is more serious than I thought." "I have thought we are only after a pack of rogues who are after him, but it seems I was wrong," Samuel exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes.

"There is something more to it than you think; the person after Jerome knows about his powers; the person isn't after him because of you; the person wanted to hunt him down." "There seems to be something between the two," my dad said for the first time after I arrived. I nodded my head, knowing that what he was saying was true.

"Are you trying to say that there is a connection between the both of them?" my mum asked, and my dad nodded his head.

"The person is a member of the council, and that fact implies that whoever acted out of line when the duel was still going on must be the one," my dad added, and I couldn't help but think of who had acted out of line, and the person that came to my mind is Alpha Otis.

"I have someone I suspect," I said to them, and they stared at me curiously.

"The person I suspected is Alpha Otis; he seems to be working with Alpha Ryder." I was saying, but I was cut short by a voice that rang into my head in a joyful state.

"Alpha, your mate is awake, and he requests for you." I heard the voice of the doctor who was attending to Jerome through the mind link.

I felt my heart leap with joy that instant, and a smile broke on my face. I couldn't believe that such good news still exists. My eyes were filled with joy, and my parents stared at me with a questioning look plastered on their faces.

"My mate is awake, and I need to be by his side," I said to them, and I walked out of the inn, forgetting that I was in the middle of a meeting.

I made my way toward his room with a small smile curving at the end of my lips, and I walked into his room to see him wide awake. He was staring at the ceiling, and I moved toward him with a smile on my face. I feel happy knowing that he's back, and I couldn't contain my happiness.

"How are you doing?" I asked him with a bright smile as I took my seat on the bed.

"I'm getting better, thanks to someone," he said, and I chuckled.

"It isn't funny the way you acted out there; are you planning to get yourself killed?" "You should have let me handle them; I don't like seeing you hurt like this." I said, but I was interrupted by a mind-link.

"A lady has been caught at the pack border with the name Mabel Temptress; she said she would be let in," the voice of the head of the guards at the border said, and I felt my heart freeze not knowing what was going on.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰