Chapter 75

Erica

"Why is she here?"I asked with a cold and angry look on my face. "What's wrong?"I looked at Jeremy, who jerked up from his bed as my loud voice alerted him. I looked at him with a puppet-like look as he glared at me with a cold look on his face.

"Who is here?" Jerome asked, and I sighed heavily, not wanting to reveal to him that Mabel is here.

"I hope I didn't disturb you," I said, hoping that would be enough to make him forget about what I had said.

I had planned on sending her away before he interrupted me, and I knew that this wouldn't have happened if I had kept my mouth shut.

"What's the cause of your exclamation?" He asked, looking at me with a worried and concerned look. If there's one thing I love about him, it's the love and care he always shows me. I want to be with him for all of eternity.

"I was informed that Mable is at the pack border," I said, and he looked at me with a shocked expression. He groaned out in pain as he tried to get up from the bed, showing how angry he was.

"Please be careful," I said as I quickly supported him and laid him back on the bed. I smiled inwardly, knowing that he didn't want to see her. With his current expression and mood, I could tell that he wasn't happy to hear about her arrival. I don't know why, but I feel happy and delighted that he doesn't want her again.

"What's wrong?"I asked, pretending not to know. He looked for a while before clearing his throat.

"What's happened?" he asked, and I looked at him with a confused look.

"Where is she?" he asked again, and I scoffed inwardly.

"She's at the pack border, of course," I said, and he looked at me with a cold look.

"Why is she at the pack border by now?" he asked, and I stared at him with a furrowed gaze.

"What do you mean?"I asked, somehow feeling angered by his words.

"She should have let me in," he said, and I looked at him with a cold look.

"Why should she be let into the pack anyhow?"

"What do you mean?" "Why can't she be allowed to join the pack?" He asked, trying to sound cool even though it was obvious that he was already angry. Why is he angry? Is he angry because of her? I asked myself that question, but I couldn't get an answer to it. Thinking of her, I changed my attitude toward him.

"Yes, she shouldn't be let into the pack because she's an outsider," I blunted.

"She's not an outsider," he said with a cold look on his face. I wonder why he was angry when I brought up Mable's conversation. I think something is wrong.

"Why isn't she?" "You broke up with her, right?" I asked, and he nodded his head with a stern look on his face.

"Yes,"he responded.

"

"What is she to you?" "Do you still have feelings for her?" I asked, and he looked at me with a surprised look. It's obvious that my question caught him off guard.

"Why are you asking?" he asked.

"Because I wonder why you're working yourself up because she was kept waiting at the pack border," I said, and he looked away with a sigh.

"What is she to you?"I asked again. This time he groaned out with a frustrated look on his face.

"She's my girl," he said, stopping mid sentence as he realized what he was about to say.