Chapter 1

Atlas

I sigh and put my pen down, rubbing my palms across my tired eyes as I take a few deep breaths. 

I'm annoyed. 

It's nothing new, but a frustration nonetheless. 

I know I should be grateful for the reason I'm annoyed. Our pack has become quite popular. I'm not complaining, I swear. When I took over as Alpha over a year ago, I defeated an old wolf who was unkind and bitter. Now, much more quickly than anyone anticipated since my ascension, our pack is thriving. Healthy. Happy. 

Well, as happy as they can be without a Luna. 

But with that comes a huge onslaught of transfer requests. Wolves from packs all around us wanting the protection of a young, strong Alpha who ignores the old fucked up mentality of the last generation.

And that means paperwork. So much fucking paperwork.

A timid knock at the door breaks me out of my reverie. I know that knock and the smell wafting into my office from under the door. Again, I'm annoyed. I consider yelling out for her to leave, but decide she may be an acceptable temporary distraction. 

"Enter, Omega." I call. The next moment the door swings open and she stands there eyeing me shyly like I don't already know what's under her clothes. 

"Hello, Alpha." she says quietly, her big brown eyes going to the floor as she fidgets nervously on her feet. Her brown hair forms a curtain around her face as she tries to play coy with me. 

"What do you need, Ellery?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. Her eyes trace my biceps and she makes a little squeaking sound as she bites down on her lower lip. 

"I've missed you..." she says quietly. I can't hold back my quiet laughter. 

I know what she's doing. It's the same game she always plays. You'd think she would give up, move on, but no. Month after month when she goes into heat, she comes back to me, begging me to choose her. 

"Nothing's different." I state firmly. 

"We'll see." she says playfully, a grin spreading across her cheeks. I chuckle again, amused by her persistence. Her refusal to accept my decision and the anger that goes with it is only temporarily pushed to the back of my mind. 

I need to deal with this.

Later.

"On your knees." I demand. She follows my request instantly, dropping to her knees and lowering her head. "Crawl to me." I say, swiveling my chair so my legs are no longer underneath it but to the side of it. 

I watch with satisfaction as she lowers herself to the floor, making her way towards me as she keeps her eyes lowered in submission. I let out a pleased sound that makes her skin flush in excitement. The dress she's wearing has no straps and is only held up by her breasts. Once she reaches me, she sits back on her knees, her hands on her thighs as she keeps her eyes down. I reach down to tug the fabric away, exposing her all the way down to her belly. She gasps a little as her nipples hit the cold air, growing hard as I watch. I stroke my cock through my pants, taking my time to decide what I'll do with her next. 

Once she begins to tremble from the anticipation, I reach out to cup her breast, kneading it gently in my hands before pinching her nipple. She lets out a pained gasp as I hold it there between my fingers for a beat longer. When I release it, she lets out a little groan and I watch as her body relaxes in front of me again. 

"Tell me what you want, Omega. Why do you do this? What's the point of it?" I ask out of curiosity as I do the same with the other nipple. 

"You, Alpha. I want to be yours." she says quietly, her breathing speeding up.