Chapter 12

Atlas

This is a terrible idea.

I think to myself as Isla grinds up against me again. I bite the side of my cheek to keep myself in control. To keep from reaching out, grabbing her, pinning her to the couch and doing exactly what I want to do with her. 

Which is fill her with my pup and mark her as mine. 

But I won't. As much as it will pain me I refuse to do that to her. It's clear how desperate she is. I wouldn't have even suggested this if I couldn't tell how badly she needs it. The poor girl would be miserable for the next few days without me and a part of me would suffer right along with her. She whimpers again and I can feel the heat pouring off of her body, her skin already covered with a thin sheen of sweat. 

"Touch me, Atlas." she purrs, her voice taking on a sultry tone that's entirely appealing. 

"Isla..." I warn, not sure how much control I truly have. 

"It's okay." she murmurs, leaning down to place gentle kisses up my neck and jaw. "I trust you." 

Every where her skin touches mine, sparks of pleasure erupt, curling through my body. I let out an involuntary groan, but force myself to focus. Those three words mean more to me than I could ever express and I refuse to break this girl and her trust because I can't control my wolf. 

"I've got you, little wolf." I murmur against her ear as I lower my hands. 

I glide them up her sides, pulling her shirt with me. I feel goosebumps pebble her skin, her whole body quivering with anticipation. Part of me wants to take this slow, savor it, maybe even make her beg. But I know she needs relief more than anything. 

I pull her shirt the rest of the way up and over her head, exposing her breasts. I can see them heaving with every quickened breath she takes. I can't help myself, I lean forward to catch a nipple with my mouth, sucking on it gently. I can already tell her proximity to me is helping to quell her heat, her temperature already lowering slightly. 

She moans and leans forward, wrapping her arms around my neck and tilting her head back to give me access to her neck. I move my mouth over her pulse point, sucking and licking my way across her chest. She moans louder, grinding her hips against my lap. I can smell her arousal, sweet in the air and it only makes me want to taste her. 

But not this time. 

I want to save that for when she's really mine. 

"Tell me what you want, Isla." I murmur across her skin as I continue to suck my way up her neck and kiss her cheek gently. 

"You, Atlas. Please. I need..." she stutters like her mind is hazy. I'm sure she hates this, the vulnerability. 

She hates being an Omega, and in this moment she's more of one than she has probably been her entire life. 

"It's okay. I know." I whisper, lifting her slightly so I can pull her pants down her legs. 

She's blessedly bare in front of me, every morsel of her delicate skin available for me to touch. And she feels so good, so much better than I even imagined. 

And fuck have I imagined. 

"Atlas." she purrs again, rubbing her chest against my shirt. She makes an annoyed sound and I look up to see her face pinched. "I don't like it." she says, tugging at my shirt like she's trying to figure out how to remove it. I can't help myself, I chuckle slightly and move quickly to remove the offending piece of clothing. 

"Better?" I ask. 

"Much." she says, rubbing her skin against mine. It's natural for an Omega to get as much skin to skin contact as possible. It helps to quell the heat, but it's also a natural way to distribute scent. Hers on me and mine on hers so no one will doubt we have chosen each other. She lets out a pleased sound and leans down to kiss my neck. She bites down gently and my wolf becomes even more excited, but I worry she will mark me against her own will.