Chapter 11

Isla

I can see on her face the exact moment my words piece together in her mind and she realizes what I'm saying. I can practically feel Ysabel go rigid with surprise next to me. I'm sure she didn't expect me to reveal this information to this other Omega, but I couldn't have stopped myself if I tried. 

Plus the look on her face is worth it. 

"You're lying." she hisses, her face contorting into an ugly sneer. I giggle, knowing it will piss her off even more. 

"How about we go see him right now and ask him?" I ask, starting in the direction I saw him go. 

"No!" she snaps, standing up and walking towards me. "What have you done to him? You had to have tricked him somehow. Alpha Atlas would never knowingly disrespect the position of Luna with a disgusting bitch like you." she snarls, her wolf pressing towards the surface. 

I hear Ysabel's sharp intake of breath, but she doesn't have time to stop me. I move so fast I don't even realize what I'm doing. All I hear is the crack of my hand making contact with her face and her shriek of pain ringing through the otherwise quiet morning. I'm shocked at my own actions, but I steel my expression and get up close to her, lowering myself to look in her eyes. I see they've watered from the pain as she holds her cheek with her hand. 

"It must be real nice, up there on that high horse you've been riding your whole life. But here's something you need to realize. You are nothing. Your entire life is based on the Alpha you attach yourself to. The fact that you are an Omega is a weakness. It makes you vulnerable. Fragile. Look at how quickly I took you down. Now imagine an angry Alpha taking his anger and frustrations out on you." I say. 

"That doesn't happen." she snaps. 

I'd laugh if I didn't feel so incredibly bad for her. 

"Yes. It does. I've seen it. And it makes me sick every single time. So stop being naive. You're not a child anymore. It's time to grow up and realize what you want out of life." I say, trying to soften my tone even though I can't stand this girl. "You need to accept what your position is and make the best out of it." I add. She's breathing heavily, staring at me like she wants to rip my throat out. 

"I'm not you. I'm worth more. I know my place, and it's at the top. The Alpha's I'll bear will be powerful, strong men. And when they're old enough, I'll send them here to take over this pack and show you all the truth. That I am and always was too good for all of you." she says before walking away from me quickly, clearly scared of what my response may be. 

I have to fight against my wolf, holding her back. I know if I let her loose, that girl would end up a bloody carcass on the ground. 

That's not the impression I'd like to make on my new pack. 

"That bitch is crazy." Ysabel murmurs. I look over at her and see clear shock written across her face at what just transpired. 

"She's not crazy." I respond. "She's deluded. She's been spoon fed a fantasy for her whole life and when she gets out in the real world, she's going to get taken advantage of. I feel sorry for her." I admit, but Ysabel just huffs at me. 

"Really? You feel sorry for her? I fucking hate her and I'm not even the one she called a whore." she says. 

"Bitch." I say back. 

"What?" 

"She called me a bitch. Not a whore." I say and Ysabel barks out a laugh. 

"Sorry. Guess I called you that in my head." she says, laughing so hard I know she's not serious. I break out into laughter with her, shaking my head as we go to part ways.