Chapter 19

Isla

I watch as Atlas hurries from the nesting room into our bedroom, opening one of the windows. He comes back in and picks up some of the rubble I created in my meltdown, breaking it into smaller pieces before throwing it out the window down into the yard. 

I sit quietly in the corner, watching him go back and forth from room to room. Watching him clean up the mess I made has embarrassment rippling through me at the outburst I had. Even I can admit, I acted preemptively. It didn't even occur to me to ask Atlas for an explanation. I assumed the worst of him and that was decidedly unfair of me. 

"It's alright, little wolf." Atlas murmurs as he lowers himself to his knee in front of me. He reaches out and cups my face with his hand, running the pad of his thumb along my lower lip. "I understand why you thought what you did." he adds. 

"I'm sorry." I say, my voice quaking as I hold back tears. 

"Don't be." he says, leaning forward and kissing me gently. "We'll be just fine." he says before standing and continuing his work. 

After a few more minutes of work, sweat begins to form at his brow. He stops and takes a few deep breaths before reaching behind him and pulling his shirt over his head, exposing his sweat soaked muscles that glint in the gentle light. I let out an involuntary squeak before biting my lip to prevent any other embarrassing sounds from slipping out. Atlas' eyes flash to me, a hungry grin spreading across his lips as he appraises me. 

He doesn't say anything as he continues his efforts, putting the small space back into working order. In reality, I'm sure it doesn't take him long. But every minute seems to stretch out before me in miles as my body becomes more tense, more agitated with every passing moment I have to wait until I feel him pressed against me. 

I let my mind wander with thoughts of what he'll do to me, the way our bodies will feel entwined after we've marked each other. It's enough to keep my mind occupied until I hear him slam the door shut behind him, the sound causing my head to snap in his direction. 

I look around the room quickly, it's clean and comfortable again. He stalks over to the platform and lays the blankets and pillows from our bed, arranging them carefully until he stands and looks down at them. He must be satisfied with it because he moves towards me so stealthily I probably wouldn't even hear it if I weren't watching him. He goes towards the door and lowers the lights until there's nothing but a soft glow throughout the room. My senses instantly lower, my mind quieting. There's no sound entering the room from outside anymore. No birds chirping, no voices of pack members, not even the wind rustling the trees. 

The only thing I can hear is our pounding hearts. 

We stand and watch each other silently for a few moments. I watch as Atlas' eyes trace my body. I can practically feel them caressing me and I shiver at the thought. The slight movement is enough to break the spell. The next moment Atlas walks towards me slowly, keeping his eyes fixed on mine. 

When he's close enough, he reaches out to me. His large hands encircle my waist, gently at first before tightening around me. He pulls me towards him, tucking me into his chest before lowering his face into my neck, taking a deep breath of my scent. I rub my face against his bare chest, lifting my hands to rest on his shoulders as I enjoy the quiet moment of his closeness. After he takes a few more breaths, he uses his hold on me to lift me. He holds me tight as he carries me towards the nest, lowering me gently until I'm cocooned in the soft fabric, our conjoined scents swirling around me, so potent to my overactive senses. 

"I'm sorry, little wolf. This is the best I could do." he murmurs sweetly, lowering himself next to me. 

"It's perfect." I respond, turning on my side and pressing myself against him. He chuckles slightly, lifting his hand to run his fingers gently through my hair. 

"Impatient woman." he whispers as he pecks kisses across my face. I laugh, tilting my head to give him better access to my neck. He reaches the spot I want him to mark, sucking the skin hard into his mouth. I feel his canines extend, the pressure of them pushing into my neck but not breaking through the skin. "Maybe I should just do it now. If you can't wait." he teases as he pulls away. 

"I'll be good. I promise." I murmur back, still pushing myself flush against his body, craving every inch of skin contact I can get. 

"That's my girl." He responds, pulling at my clothing as he begins to undress me. 

Soon he looses patience himself, eventually resorting to tearing the clothes from my body. I grin as I watch him turn feral, his claws extending, his eyes growing dark as his wolf presses forward. Once I'm bare and fully exposed to him he begins to settle, his movements becoming more measured as his hand glides along my fevered skin. I can feel sweat beginning to cover me, my breathing speeding up as his rough palm goes up along my belly, cupping my breast and squeezing gently. When he rolls my nipple between his thumb and finger, I let out a groan. My pussy growing wetter as he continues his slower exploration of my body. After awhile I grow impatient, reaching down to grab at the offending clothes still adorning his body. He chuckles in response, batting my hands away gently before undoing the button on his pants and pulling them down, exposing his fully erect cock. 

We've done this before, but something about knowing that this is the first time in our forever makes it feel so much more intimate, every sensation, every touch meaning even more than it has in the past. Atlas must sense it to, as he's never been so deliberate with every move he makes. As if he's cherishing this experience just as much as me. 

He moves closer and as he does, I feel my heart begin to pound painfully in my chest. My wolf grows even more restless, pacing as she prepares to claim the Alpha she's wanted for so long. I take a few deep breaths to steady my nerves as Atlas covers his body with mine. I feel him pressed against me, his hardness almost exactly where I need it. My muscles tighten, my whole body craving to feel him moving inside of me. 

He leans down and presses his forehead against mine, stilling for a long moment. It's enough to settle my frayed senses, to quiet my over excited mind. Even my wolf calms, practically purring at the touch of her chosen attachment. After a long stillness, Atlas pulls away and looks down at me, affection brimming from his eyes in a way I've never seen before. 

"Are you sure about this, Isla?" he asks quietly. I am still in his mind, so I can feel that if I were to change my decision at this moment, he would be devastated, but understanding. That only makes me even more sure of my choice. 

"Yes, Atlas. I'm sure. Are you?" I ask with a teasing tilt my voice. He chuckles quietly, nodding his head as he reaches down to grab my thigh with his hand. 

"More sure than I have been of anything." he murmurs as he pulls my legs apart and settles himself between them. "Now tilt your hips, love. I'm going to need you to take me deep."