stress and stars [dnf]

[high school AU]

It was safe to say Dream felt like shit.

He was mentally drained from being out with a friend and stressed out of his mind from school work. It wasn't even that much! And in his opinion, he was over exaggerating. Or at least that's what he told himself.

He lay in bed, just thinking about the day he's had. Even that's enough to make him audibly groan and cover his face wit his hands.

His first period class was a wreck. Kids not paying attention and making way to much noise for his liking that early in the morning. The only good thing about that class was that it was the only class he shared with George, his boyfriend. Of course they always had lunch together but that was it.

George held Dream during first period and just let him be a frustrated little blob in his arms. Dream leaned into the touch, closing his eyes to try to drown out his classmates, failing miserably. He wrapped one arm around George's waist and they just sat there until the teacher managed control of the class again.

Second period wasn't as bad. It went by moderately quick with nothing too eventful occurring.

He absolutely despised his third period class though, as most people with Mr. Berr did. Mr. Berr was quiet to an annoying level and barely did anything fun in his class. His monotone voice filled the air announcing fucking stations. "Stations" were hated by majority of people in the class. You were given certain things to do--like read this article, watch this video, do this activity--and then you answered the questions following.

It wasn't even stations that made that period so bad. It was the fact he hadn't done his math homework that was literally due the period following. Luckily for him, his shoulder partner was nice enough to let him do his homework and then provide Dream with the answers to each activity.

The rest of the day was uneventful and simple, yet irritating and stressful. After school him and Sapnap had gone out to eat somewhere, draining him even further. Once he finally got home, he showered and immediately crashed on his bed.

Now we're back to where we started. Dream lay in his bed, head in his hands as he thought about his homework. He had a sheet of math homework he would end up putting off until the next morning and a narrative writing for ELA that he also put off doing. He was so tired; but he also wasn't.

He was at a point where he didn't even want to check his phone because he just didn't want to talk to anybody. Just then, however, his phone dinged. He groaned, picking up his phone and wincing once the bright screen flashed across his face.

Once he saw who had sent the text, he smiled to himself.

George.

It read:

Georgie <3

hey idiot be ready in 10

im omw now

Now, Dream was tired, and drained, and didn't want anything to do with the world at that moment. But it was George. And Dream could always have his exceptions right?

He got up from his bed and threw on a baggy pair of black cargo pants and clipped on a chain to the belt loops. He changed into a tight-fitted black tank top and he wore a large green hoodie over it. He grabbed his black leather spiked collar from off of his desk and clipped it on. Finally, he slipped on a simple pair of black platform boots.

He only had a minute or so to look himself over in the mirror and comb through his hair with his fingers before he heard light taps come from his bedroom window. He drew open the curtains and then opened the window before looking down at the British boy below, a distance down due to his room being on the second floor.

He smiled tiredly at the Brit as George ran to the back of the house to grab a ladder. As soon as Dream touched his foot to the crisp night-time grass, he was encased in a hug. He hugged back, feeling purely comfortable for the first time all day.

Once George pulled away, he smiled brightly up at Dream and started dragging him to his car. "Where are we going?" Dream asked with a chuckle.

"You'll see," Replied George, a smirk plastered onto his face as he got into the drivers side and buckled his seat belt. Dream got into the passengers side and left it at that. He knew he wasn't in any danger with George at that moment or else he would've sensed it. Instead, he hummed in response.

The drive was mostly silent, the only sound coming from the soft buzz of the music playing on the radio. One time during the ride, Heatwaves started playing and both boys burst into singing and laughing. A while back that song had become sort of an inside joke between the two.

Dream didn't pay much attention to what was going on outside of his window. He mostly just zoned out. Eventually the car pulled to a stop in a big open field with little light pollution from large cities. It looked to be smack center in the middle of nowhere, which only slightly worried Dream.

George got out of the car and stretched, Dream following suit. "So," Dream started, following George as he began walking farther into the field. "What're we doing here?"

"Look at the stars," George mused, looking up at the night sky. Dream looked up, marveling at the beauty of night sky. The sky was dark, very dark due to there being little light pollution, with nothing but stars scattered as far as the eyes could see. It was gorgeous.

Both of their eyes lit with an admiration for the masterpiece above them. George then pointed to a cluster of stars. "That right there," He started "That's the little dipper! And if you look there," George pointed to the star at the tip of the handle of the little dipper. "You'll find Polaris. You can make a line and follow that line all the way to Dubhe, which is apart of the big dipper!"

Dream smiled down at the smaller male. "Since when are you interested in stars?"

George shrugged. "I honestly don't know that much," He chuckled. "But I remember what Karl taught me about the big dipper and the little dipper."

"Huh," Was all that escaped Dream's lips as he moved closer to George and wrapped his arm around his waist. George leaned into Dream, he looked up and smiled at the taller male, admiring him. The way the moonlight hit his face just right. Just enough to accent his features in the best way possible. Freckles littered his face and the sides of his neck. Though the freckles on his neck were barely noticeable unless you were looking for them.

ADream smiled at George. He cupped his cheek and pressed his lips lightly to his, creating a short yet sweet and loving kiss. Dream sighed contently.

_________________

1162 Words