Emeralds [Ranboo]

TW: Manipulation, Lava, Fuzzy feelings, Gaslighting???

Lava bubbled and obsidian walls groaned, floorboards creaking at the weight of the two big creatures walking on its surface. One, the hybrid of a creeper and human, turned to face the other: A tall, two-toned Enderman hybrid with long hair, a crown perched on top of his head, and emerald and ruby eyes that were glowing in the dreadful darkness of the room. 

"Are you really sure you want to visit him? You remember the last time someone visited.."

The Enderman hybrid turned back to the creeper, sighing. "I- I know, Sam. And I know I told you to keep others away from here, but this-.. this needs to be said." The feeling of another presence made their skin prick with anxiety and they lifted their head, scanning around the room. Nothing.. 

"Right.. Well, you've already agreed to the terms, Ranboo. I just trust you'll be alright." Sam mumbled, glancing at the lava wall in front of them. Ranboo swallowed down his growing doubt and nodded. It be fine.. He would be fine. Taking a breath, he took a step onto the platform that would bring them to the main prison cell, holding their most dangerous prisoner. Well- their only prisoner- -Sam walked over to the controls on the wall, making sure the Ender hybrid was truly ready before pulling a lever down. The sounds of clicking could be heard just above and it took a while for the lava to be noticeably low, assuring them the redstone was still in tack. The silence was awkward to a deadly amount and Ranboo just made a few small comments, scratching the back of their neck as he spoke, the warden giving small hums or nods in response. Right-.. He was usually this serious during work. Eventually the lava reached low enough for one to enter and the tallest took a breath, readying himself on the platform.

"On the count of three, I need you to follow along with the platform, so you don't fall into the lava-" 

"Heh- Yeah I know, Sam." Ranboo responded sheepishly. Nodding to confirm they were ready, Sam pulled the lever and the pistons began pushing the platform over to the cell. Ranboos tail twitched nervously as they caught a glimpse of the prisoner before him, the man with a torn green hoodie, dirty blonde hair, and a broken smile mask that covered up to his nose. If you didn't know the man, you wouldn't think much of him, you'd hardly imagine him as being able to even hurt anything any more than a fly. You'd be wrong though, dead wrong. Standing right in that cell, leaning on the cold obsidian wall was.. 

"Dream."

He murmured his dry greeting, stepping off the platform. Sam pulled the lever to retrieve it and once it was back in place, he pulled another lever to lower the netherite wall that separated the two and then once again brought down the lava wall. It was ..eerily silent.. Dream seemed to be taunting him with that, playing around with his anxiousness just to make him sweat. And it worked, it worked way too well. Why? This man knew his every thought, could control his every move, his every word. Not only that, but Dream was the most dangerous criminal out there. He caused so much pain..

"Hello."

Ranboo jumped up, slightly taken aback when the prisoner finally spoke. His voice was.. all too familiar to him in a way that made them shudder just hearing it. It was the voice they'd hear in their mind constantly, making it impossible for them to deny ever interacting with the man. Dream tilted his head slightly, seeming to 'patiently' be awaiting an answer. Taking a breath, Ranboo finally gathered up the courage to speak. "Hello- Dream-" They muttered, internally wincing at the way they practically stuttered on such simple words. 

"Hello. Been a while since you last visited me. I was starting to wonder whether i'd have to make you myself."

Make you myself?.. He shuddered at that, holding back a whimper of fear, dreading the fact they already knew what that meant. Dream wasn't even pretending anymore! He was making it clear he was in control and using it as another way to mess with him. He took a breath. No, they were in control, not Dream. Dream was not in control, he wasn't.. A drowsy feeling overcame the fear of the Ender hybrid and he winced. One thought came to mind and that was to relax and let whatever was about to happen- well- happen. So many wordless promises that the pain would ease.. He- he wanted to.. Wait! No no no! Ranboo shook his head, a growl rumbling in his throat. "Q-Quit getting in my head! I only came here to confront you for everything."

Dream just snorted, clearly just toying with him, as the pain began to melt away, making the Ender hybrid silently sigh with relief. "Is that so? I'm sure you came here for a different reason." Ranboo grimaced at that.

"No, no there isn't some 'other reason.' Quit trying to get into my head again, it won't work anymore." The tallest snapped, his long tail lashing. The anger only flickered to fear at the look the prisoner gave him as he slowly moved his mask out of his face, revealing the man's facial features: Emerald green eyes with freckles speckling his face; A long deep scar ran down the man's cheek. The Ender hybrid felt like time had stopped all on its own, or had some sort of shift, as suddenly the place where Dream had been moments ago was now empty and the prisoner was right behind him. Ranboo blinked, letting out a yelp of surprise as a hand was placed on his shoulder. But- they- they couldn't move.. 

"Oh but there is, Ranboo. You're here to help with my escape~" Those words sent a shiver down the hybrids spine and they desperately wanted to move away, to shout to the warden to let them out of the cell, but he couldn't. 

"B-But-.. N-No i'm I-I'm not-.. I-.." Ranboo trailed off as Dream grabbed his chin and forced their eyes to meet and lock. Emerald green eyes burning into lime and ruby.. Emerald eyes..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam sent the platform over to the cell, watching as the Ender hybrid stepped onto it. Fortunately, Dream stayed in place, watching Ranboo leave. Pulling the lever, he brought the taller over, sighing with relief that he ended up being okay. "How was your visit?"

"Fine." Ranboo replied simply, walking past Sam without another word, his emerald green eyes glowing in the darkness.

____________________

1106