Overthinking. [kwt]

'What have I done wrong?' He thought to himself as he sat on his bed, his body almost looking like ball, close to his bedroom walls. Tears rolled down his cheeks as his mind had wondered around the question. 'What did I do? Does he hate me now? Is he tired of me now? Did I mess up everything?... Again?" He hated this. He wanted to be happy again. Why couldn't he just be happy? He didn't know. To be honest, he didn't want to know.

Karl wiped his eyes, but it was no use. Tears just kept falling from his eyes and they wouldn't stop. He did it to himself. He kept his emotions in for far too long and now...he just..broke. He wished he wasn't like this. He wanted to be better. So much better.

He continued to cry and let out soft sobs until he heard his front door unlock and someone step into the house, quickly he wiped his eyes and pretend to be busy playing some game on his phone. Soon a person walked into the bedroom, "Hey Karl, I'm home!" Dream gave a soft smile and walked over to the other. Karl looked up swiftly then looked back down to his phone. Dream walked closer to Karl and raised an eyebrow, "You okay dear? You look like you've been crying.."

Karl looked up at Dream and put on a smile. "No- No I'm okay..just allergies..Yk?" He didn't buy Karl's weak excuse. "It's definitely not allergies." Dream said and sat on the bed, sitting right next to Karl, "I know you Karl. You don't get allergies around this time of year. So..tell me what's wrong."

Karl sighed, "Nothings wrong. I'm okay." He said semi-sturnly. "Are you sure Karl?" Karl nodded and leaned into Dream, he could already feel the tears fill his eyes. He wanted to tell Dream what was wrong but he just felt like his problems were so much more insignificant than other peoples problems. He couldn't stop those thoughts in his head. The ones that called him worthless, not good enough, stupid, useless. The tears that once filled his eyes were now streaming down his face like waterfalls. "I-I'm sorry.." Karl sobbed into Dreams shirt. "It's okay Karl, let it out. It's going to be okay. You're safe here with me." Dream stated which just made Karl cry even harder. "I- I'm sorry I'm not good enough anymore! P-please don't leave me. Please." He sobbed, chocking on some of his tears. "I'm not going to leave you." Dream said then pulled Karl into a hug. "I'll never leave you."

Dream rubbed Karl's back, hoping that it'll help Karl calm down a bit. "I'm sorry.." Karl continued to cry. He felt so stupid and vulnerable right now. He felt weak and pitiful. He felt as if he was putting persure on Dream because of this stupid meltdown he was having. It was all so stupid. "I-I-" Karl tried to talk through his sobs but it was hard too. He could bearly breath right now, his tears were somehow suffocating him. He held onto Dreams shirt tighter and buried his head in Dreams chest. "Shhh let it all out Karl." Dream lightly pulled Karl into his lap then began to swayed back and forth. "It's going to be okay." He said and kissed Karl's head.

_____________________

556 Words