on aliens(?)

tw: mentions of murder 

The creature cocked its head to the side, watching its hand twitch and shake. Fixing the limb with a cold gaze, it absentmindedly quelled the rage-fueled shrieking that rang in its head and regained its control with barely a flick of its hands.

Irritation sparked in its mind—but not anger, no, this was merely an inconvenience. It rarely ever wielded the weapon that is its wrath, but when it did, it would be when it finally avenged its kind. The cowardly nuisance of a human had snivelled and sobbed as it took control of its body—those that begged for mercy as it took their body did not deserve its respect.

Choosing to disguise itself as a human had seemed a stroke of genius at the time, but now it regretted the decision when living another day as a human meant having its own instincts and memories slipping through its claws like grains of fine sand.

Already, it was being overwhelmed with foreign feelings, strange yearnings to eat and drink and laugh and cry. The creature shifted irritably, once again despising what it had resorted to for survival—but now it was in too deep. If it stopped the facade, it knew it would be turned on in a second and slaughtered.

Because that's all humans do, isn't it?

The creature let out a low trill, and tipped its head back as images of its own kind being ripped apart in cold blood, of wailing innocents who had done nothing wrong but been in the wrong place at the wrong time, of days of hiding and fear the day after it first took a human and became it flashed behind its eyelids, and it felt its fury rear its head.

It let out a quiet warble, and calmed its wrath. After all, it had bided its time forming a plan, and it knew it could soon taste sweet revenge.

"Morning, guys!" the creature called, moulding its face into a smile. It watched with quiet satisfaction as the humans it had come over to know over a year lit up with joy upon seeing it.

Bind them to you, until they see you as a friend, as someone to trust and rely on. It grinned, quick and feral, sharp eyes taking in their relaxed postures and warm beams. It was pleased at the trust that oozed from them.

What better way to enact revenge than to endear itself to those disgustingly beloved human offspring, before drenching the planet in their blood?