TPC - 28

A few days later - CELA'S POV...

'Cee lemme talk to you for a minute' I heard from a familiar voice behind me, and turned around to see Tariq.

'What?' I said with an attitude.

We haven't spoke since he tried to embarrass me in class, and I was fine with that.

'Privately?' He asked me and I squinted my eyes at him before shaking my head no.

'Nah, here's fine' I said and he sighed before nodding.

We were currently standing by my locker, I mean it was the end of the day. I was about to leave and I wasn't tryna go nowhere with him. I just figured, his apology should be as loud as his disrespect was.

'Ight, I'm sorry. Im taking full accountability for what I did, and I know we spoke about people making fun you, and you ain't need that from me too. I knew how it makes you feel and'- he started and I interrupted him.

'Nah you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't have said it' I interrupted him and he nodded.

'You right you right and I'm sorry' he said.

'It's aight, I forgive you. After my brother, ion wanna hold no more grudges with anybody, you don't know what could happen' I explained and he nodded.

'See you around?' He asked and I shrugged.

'Maybe' I said and left school completely.

After work 11pm - CELA'S POV...

I clocked out of work and drove home. I just wanted to eat and chill, cause we just got out of school for winter break. I was ready to chill with my sis and sleep in.

That 'I'm off tomorrow' sleep hit different, and nobody can tell me otherwise.

As I stepped into the house, I heard a headboard slamming against the wall and I have to check myself for a second.

I thought it was our neighbour, but we live beside old people, and they ain't all that active.

I heard the slamming stop and then I heard shuffling around the room.

I saw Tariq coming down the stairs, with his shirt off looking all sweaty, and Mani came down in her robe looking all embarrassed.

'Hey Cee' he said to me and I mugged him as he left, and I slammed the door behind him.

'Imani what the actual fuck? In mama's house? With him? What the fuck?' I asked her and she mugged me.

'Don't go acting like you and Mar don't do nothing' she said and I looked at her like she was crazy.

'We never do nothing here' I said, shaking my head at her. 'When did this even happen?'

'Well he's been checking up on me ever since David passed, and one thing led to another, and now we in love' she said and I held a confused look on my face.

'Are you gonna tell mama?' She asked and I ignored her, walking up to my room and slamming my door behind me.

I didn't know how I was feeling at this moment. Part of me was disappointed in Mani for doing sum like this in mama's house, and part of me was disappointed in Tariq for even going there with my younger sister, and keeping it from me. They both kept it from me.

I got showered, and put on my pyjamas. All that stuff with Mani and Tariq made me lose my appetite, and all I wanted to sleep.

I prayed, read my verse of the day and then drifted off to sleep.